Author Topic: points  (Read 11033 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: points
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »
Nice work gut any chance of some close ups of the blades?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 10:32:23 pm »
   Nice blades, we got another good chipper. I tried to make some points the other day and broke 4 in a row. Dana,I did get you 3 ,though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

gutpile

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 11:25:29 am »
thanks guys here is few better pics all these have been sold I have about 6 more new ones I haven't got pics of yet and I have a few bear jaws that are very nice..I have really feel in love with agate..really durable ...fairly easy to knap...pretty stuff the bear jaw has an agate blade I have used that blade for 15 deer gutting jobs and never had to touch it up once..the bottom pic is red cedar handle with antler glued on and novaculite blade..pretty tuff stuff also...hard for me to to aquire for some reason..gut

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 11:30:02 am »
Nice chippin', Gutpile.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:25 pm »
Boy, them are nice gutpile - looks like youv'e been real busy ;). Hey, if you don't mind my asking - what do you get for a knife like that? I'm not looking to buy one but have been getting hit up about it a lot here lately. Thanks..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Dingleberry

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 04:50:27 pm »
Nice points Tristan y gutpile.  Skills to pay the bills, for sure! :)

gutpile

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:33 pm »
cowboy..to answer your question  the  deer jawbones I get around 65 the bear jaw I get around 100..because the jawbones cost me 25 ..the deer jawbones and coyotes I get for free, if I have to make a wood handle it runs around 75, just more work involved...wolf jaws run around 120 they cost the most..they are the best looking though..hard to find wolf jaws..mostly I give them away to family and friends and use them as a bartering tool..LOL..gave away twice as many as I have sold..make awesome Christmas presents ...I saved a bundle last year.. :D...I get some exotic stuff now and then and that can up it some because it cost more for that material...all these are old stuff.  I have made probably 50 knives since these...just made one out of yagger bottle bottom..nice green blade..also make some out of windowpane glass...really different..I really like brazilian agate...sweet..no flint around here to pick up but I have made a few from flint that a guy sent me...hope that helps and thanks for the compliment...gut

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:33:44 pm »
Thanks gut - you do some fine work!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.