Author Topic: Hazelnut D-bow (with pics)  (Read 19339 times)

Offline rkeltner

Re: Hazelnut D-bow (with pics)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 03:04:44 am »
your work is amazing, and the build along is awecome!

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 09:41:37 am »
It is a great looking bow, and I really did enjoy the build along.  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Susquehannock

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 09:25:39 pm »
If DaVince had internet access back in his day, I think he would have done a tutorial something like this. Your attention to detail and craftsmanship are exceptional! I am a graphic designer / artist by trade, and it is this appreciation for creating something beautiful, coupled with my passion for archery that first got me into bowmaking. Your build-along has truly inspired!

thank you.

Offline david w.

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 12:51:21 am »
Gordon is my idol ;D. I love your bows
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 01:12:28 am »
She's a beauty, not the first time I've fallen in love with the look of one of your bows. something sexy about them. the thin tips, profile, the whole package.
Sorry, I got a little carried away there.
VB

Offline Gordon

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 02:26:49 am »
Thank you, you all are making me blush with your compliments. I do pay a lot of attention to how my bows look – the fit, finish, flow, tips, handles, tiller, color, etc. I think I got that from my father who was a master woodworker from the old country. He was one of the finest craftsmen I ever had the privilege to know and everything he created with his hands was simply beautiful. That said, there are many in this community who I look up to because they turn out bows that are more challenging than what I have attempted to date. Folks like Marc, RyanO, Keenan, Pappy, Frank, DCM, JD, Badger, Manny, MarkS,  Dana, Snedecker, TomS, MP, Jbell, VB, Rich just to name a few. My bows may be pretty and functional, but you guys take it to the next level – you make me want to be a better bowyer. And for that I thank you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 11:53:51 am by Gordon »
Gordon

Offline DanaM

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 12:47:49 pm »
Thanks for including me on your list Gordon but I've only been building bows for 14 months. Every bow I build is new
and exciting, not to mention challenging. I am willing to try new things thats what makes this so much fun. Tried and true
is great if ya need a guaranteed shooter but its fun to try and make a shooter from something most folks would scoff at. I have 3
going right now doubt if I will get anything out of them but I am learning. One of my favorite things to do is give away bows to folks that aren't into archery
or not into primitive archery. In this way I try to encourage others to join us.

I will add to your list Justin, mullet, keenan, juniper junkie, bob, Chris Cade, jamie, hillbilly, Dano, Yew archer,
yankeemongiat, GregB, Oldbow, Rich Saffold, too many to name really, I learn something
from every bow posted from the vastly experienced bowyers to the raw rookies like myself. Truth be told I think
I get more enjoyment from the guys just beginning their journey, I can comiserate with the failures and share in the joy of their successes.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:55 pm »
What about Kegan?  ??? I am so impressed with a young man his age turning out such great bows and such a diversity of styles.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 03:39:48 pm »
I agree Justin. He rarely turnes out one with a bad tiller and always seems to get plenty of weight.  I have trouble making one over 55#
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2008, 04:20:34 pm »
The problem with lists is someone always gets left out. Lots of good bowyers on here to many to list.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI