Author Topic: My first Bow NEW PICS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 24317 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: My first Bow NEW PICS
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 07:05:44 pm »
Well we didnt quite get it all...so back on the caul it went. :-[ Kam is gettin anxious so he will maybe calm down a little why we wait for it to cool ;D lol.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 09:14:28 pm »
got her lined up it looks freakin' sweet :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
Well... I'm with you fellers.
Delmar

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 09:19:28 pm »
 ;) ;D....Dad
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 10:55:28 pm »
15"@40# and were wanting 25"@40-45# were slowly gettin there

Delmar

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 05:45:07 am »
Looking good,so far.Right limb looks a little stiff mid limb. :) May just be the picture looks like it is at a bit of an angle.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 07:35:39 am »
Oh, yeah. That's starting to look like a bow-looks like you've got it playing by your rules now.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 11:09:32 pm »
Pappy, I think your right on with your call. I have a tendency to make mine bend too much right out of the fades and then end up with a little set so I been makin Kamron work more from mid limb to tips. Now I think we are ready to get it bendin more in the fades to mid limb??? The tips are really snaky and narrow( carvin out the wind shear) so I dont think we want to put too much stress on them..any advice welcomed....Brian (dad)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 06:13:15 am »
I try to save the first 3 or 4 inches out of the  fads and the last 6 inches or so on the tips
till last.If fact I leave the tips pretty stiff.You will get it whip tillered if you get the tip weak
and it always wants to bend in the fads because that is the hinge point on the limb ,so I am careful and get them bending last when all I am doing id reducing weight.If it takes  a little set at the fads it will show a lot of follow at the tips. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »
Pappy, we put it back on tiller tree and I think it was the angle of the pic cuz it aint stiff lookin on that right limb now ;). We got it at 42# @ 20" with the short string and its still bouncin back to good reflex unstrung. Again were aimin for 45# @ 25" so we are gettin close! :o This bow is just shy of 56" with a 4" handle so we might have to put a little whip in the tips...we shall soon see :D....Oh ya, we got some shorty rattlemouthcottonmocosin skins from Pine Hollow to put on it when Kams done with the tillerin....Brian

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
Re: My first Bow NEW PICS Almost there
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 10:04:53 pm »
Well fellers she didnt blow on me! 25"@47' with the room for sanding left. All that is left to do is the snake skin backing and the tips. What I plan to do with the tips is a 2 layer. The first layer deer antler and the second layer, black cow horn. New pics are added below of course. :o :o :o :o

P.S.
To Oldbow please don't post my BOM because it isnt truly finished yet.
Thank You,
   Kamron

Delmar

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 10:29:42 pm »
Man this kid is excited!!! Wish I could have learned how to do this @ 16, lol ... It took a little set but it shoots really sweet. Kamron wants to make it a bulbeous handle, so I geuss I better learn how to do that ;).....Brian

Minuteman

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »
Brian, Kamron ya'll did a super job on that bow. ;D Can't wait to see it finished! Shoot it a bunch before you seal 'er up... tiller can change a bit from it settlin in while shootin.
 Chris

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 11:28:23 pm »
Thats good advice Chris, might talk him in to flippin the tips abit to...never no when to quit ;D ;D....Brian

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 03:14:58 am »

great job on that bow; tiller looks good!
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2008, 05:40:34 am »
Looks good ,can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good