Author Topic: Any Ground Blind suggestions?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline CrazyHorse1969

Any Ground Blind suggestions?
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »
I understand that I could make my own ground blind, but does anyone have any suggestions for shooting a 64" longbow from a ground blind? Favorite brand, model, etc.? Thanks!
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Any Ground Blind suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:21 am »
Here is a small trick I told a few years back Scott. If you cut limbs off trees while the leaves are green they will stay attached as they die off and brown down. If you cut limbs off trees while they are browning down, they will detach and blow away. So, build a natural blind with some of the millions of baby silver maples we have growing up here. I just did yesterday and it looks slick as snot. And it was FREE!

I don't have a favorite brand. Ive tried two pop ups. One was way too short and the other was gone in 60 seconds. Stupid thieves.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:42:14 am »
Cool. The only reason I asked is because I just found out that I have permission to hunt on some private land near my parents' place. The landowner, however, was not too excited about me 1) using a tree blind and 2) cutting anything down. I could probably haul some blind materials back there.
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:45:30 am »
That die cut fabric isn't bad either. You can stuff it into a bag and carry it anywhere.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:57 am »
I will look into that too.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:17:02 pm »
 Crazyhorse, I don't know what your rules are but one thing that works for me is digging a hole and putting a small amount of brush around it. You can recover after the season if they fuss at you.
                                                                                                                                            Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:12:36 pm »
Burlap. They sell it already camo at the fabric store. Cut a hole and string it up.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.