Author Topic: anyone huntin up north michigan,huron nat. forest this year ?  (Read 3842 times)

Offline Stixnstones

anyone huntin up north michigan,huron nat. forest this year ?
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:11:37 am »
i used to hunt up there every year with lil success, been aboot 8 yrs. since i've hunted up there but this year got a big bug to do it again. already have a week off from work , november 3-10 imo heart of rut. guess i'm just wonderin if anyone has been doin pretty good up there. i need a good week of tent campin and pure forest air
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: anyone huntin up north michigan,huron nat. forest this year ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:55:10 pm »
I haven't. But I have the same hankering you do. I love Northern Michigan, deer or not. It gives us unlimited land to wander rather than signs and fences every 40 acres. Good luck and have fun!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:01 pm »
right on Pearl , gots real good farm land near home but it aint the same feelin, freedom to roam, sence of steppin back in time. makes the whole primitive thingfeel right
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 04:46:58 am »
I Hunt the NE part of the State every Year - still pretty wild in a lot of areas. Could have Bears in Camp and it's Elk Country - Gods Country for sure ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:58:03 pm »
The last few winters have really done a number on the deer herd in the UP. But Yeah unlimited roaming

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:11:33 am »
Where are you at Lee? I live in the central lower portion and EHD wiped us out 3 summers ago. Its getting better now after a few fawning seasons.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:34:34 am »
Pearl Drums, I'm in Rose twnship. Close to Fenton. We did not get the EHD a few summers ago thankfully. Yeah the population probably rebounds fairly quickly huh

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:54 am »
I'm just North of You in Flushing Lee. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:53:32 am »
Love it up there in the fall chasing whitetails, grouse and ducks! Got to get back there!
Soon!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »
Chamookman, How is the deer population around your parts these days?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:23 am »
Deer herd is in good condition. I'm really covered up with Turkeys - they're everywhere ! I prefer to Hunt the NE part of the State tho - been going to a spot for many years. Love it up there. Keepin' My fingers crossed tho - I applied for a Bow Hunt on the Shiawasse State Game area permit - will know on the 20th if I got picked. Bob

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »
good luk on that drawin chamookman, i'm gonna b between mio n rose city. so far looks like a solo hunt and prolly gonna extend it to 10 daze
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »
Yeah lots of turkeys around my place too. Good luck this season guys! Less than a month now! I have a big empty freezer to fill

Offline cbeers47

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »
My parents live in harrisville that's where I grew up can't wait to go home for deer season