Author Topic: not every time you can success  (Read 3549 times)

Offline leehongyi

not every time you can success
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:47:35 am »
this is my trade bow for a guy in east china nearly done and tillered perfectly. i found a bug hole in the belly before i apply the tung oil. well, it can't be sold so i decided to saw it into segments and measure the data. have a look at the glue lines between  tonkin boo and ipe layers.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: not every time you can success
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:54:29 pm »
Nice tight glue lines :).
Scrapping the bow is a credit to your perfectionism. It would have been interesting to video it being drawn to breaking point on the tiller.
Del
By the way, I don't know if you want me to point out the correct English, so sorry if it is unwanted. I know a Chinesse doctor I used to work with was very keen to learn the correct usage of English.
We would say.
Not every time you can have success.
or
Not every time you can succeed.
More usually we would say
You can not succeed every time.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:57:58 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline leehongyi

Re: not every time you can success
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »
Nice tight glue lines :).
Scrapping the bow is a credit to your perfectionism. It would have been interesting to video it being drawn to breaking point on the tiller.
Del
By the way, I don't know if you want me to point out the correct English, so sorry if it is unwanted. I know a Chinesse doctor I used to work with was very keen to learn the correct usage of English.
We would say.
Not every time you can have success.
or
Not every time you can succeed.
More usually we would say
You can not succeed every time.

thank you so much. i confused the noun and berb. anytime you see my incorrect usage of english pls point out that would help me a lot.