Author Topic: blood stained arrow  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Little John

blood stained arrow
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:25 pm »
 I should know by now to always wear gloves when sharpening broadhead hunting arrows. It gives a new meaning to scary sharp.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: blood stained arrow
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »
Be careful! You'll need those fingers Saturday morning.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »
Yes Pat, I will be much more careful. Hope you are right about Saturday. Every one else be careful also.           Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:27 am »
Seems I always cut or mash a finger on my shooting hand just before opening day,be careful/shoot straight and good luck. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:38 am »
Seems I always cut or mash a finger on my shooting hand just before opening day,be careful/shoot straight and good luck. :)
   Pappy

Aint that the truth, lol... Kenneth, hope them cuts heal quick bro!... This reminds me; wheres Elkie these days? Is she retired or still huntin somewhere? Pat & Kenneth, thats still one of my favorite PA articles and campfire stories... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »
I know falconers that don't trust a falcon to hunt if they aren't a little bloodthirsty.  Maybe you got a keen-to-hunt arrow right there???
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »
I know falconers that don't trust a falcon to hunt if they aren't a little bloodthirsty.  Maybe you got a keen-to-hunt arrow right there???

That's where I was at, too, JW. Maybe a Vampire arrow, let it seek blood :). Good luck, Kenneth.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »
Thanks Pat, Pappy, Brian, J.W., and Eddie. for all the good luck. Pappy my arrows are wearing  turkey fletches you gave me at the classic back in 08, thanks again. Brian, Elkie is absolutely still hunting and wearing her new rawhide primitive elk hunt mureal backing ( thanks Pat ). J.W. I hope you are right.  Eddie best of luck with your surgery, wishing you the best.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:38 pm »
Thats good news bout Elkie!... Sounds like the makings of a new article Pat  ;)..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 11:09:36 am »
Well with Tennessee Turkey feathers you can't go wrong ,that explanes them wanting to bring blood. ;) ;D ;D ;D Good luck.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »
Thank you, Kenneth.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?