Author Topic: 2014 Christmas Trade sign up and rules! Closed!!!  (Read 21277 times)

Offline marcfrdly

Re: 2014 Christmas Trade sign up and rules!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 09:35:40 pm »
I'll give this a shot. Pm coming...

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:00 pm »
I'm in, would like to apologize ahead o time ;)
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 11:54:51 am »
PM sent.  I'm in too.  This a good excuse to spend some time in my shop. Sounds like fun.

Offline Tower

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »
I'm if y'all don't mind a knapper joining.   
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2014, 08:18:21 pm »
I'm in as well
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline J05H

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 11:49:22 pm »
I'm if y'all don't mind a knapper joining.   

No, we don't mind at all. I'm sure there are plenty on here who would love to get a good set of knapped points or something.
You just need to send a pm with your info to either me or Bruce, and we'll get you on the list.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 12:03:59 am »
We are at the point with names on the list that my head is starting to swirl with potential scenarios of how I would inflict my personality on my victi....recipient.   >:D  I know not what dark thoughts reside in my subconscious, but they are bubbling to the surface so rapidly that I fear becoming cloaked in madness!  If only I would receive but one name, one single name on which I could loose these thoughts, these dark passengers sitting on both shoulders whispering naughty, naughty words in my ears! 

I do see some new names on the list, folks I would encourage to go search out last year's Christmas Exchange threads to see some of the wonderful things people dream up to send.  For example, I was a very lucky recipient, I got a sister pair of osage character billets, a pair of matched bull snake skins, a huge bag of shelled pecans (oh lord the pecan pies we made!) and a rare book I had wanted to read for over two decades.  Yeah, my guy went over and above what was expected, and in spades!  I am not expecting everyone to turn out the shop and the kitchen sink for their recipient! But look around at all the wonderful things you have where you live and your recipient does not have where they live.  Stalk your recipient by reading every one of their posts for the past 7 years, search out their Facebook page, pay their mailman to do create a dossier, find their soft spot and go in for the kill shot!

I'm thinking I might send some owl pellets....
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline J05H

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 12:35:23 am »
Yep JW that's the way to do it. Search through there posts and try to get to know what they would like. I think I'll pass on the owl pellets though.

Just updated the list on the first page. 24 names so far. We're still missing info from a couple of guys, but all in all we're off to a real good start. If you can't find your name on the list, check your inbox. You should have a pm with the things I'm missing.

If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 03:24:25 am »
I'm in. Easy to please anything hand made is cool. I can't knap yet. I have made bows, arrows, quivers. Just can't find the time to get started knapping no rock around.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 09:53:09 am »
You know the deadline for shipping should be a couple days before Christmas. Something like you can't ship before DEC 1st and no later than DEC 22 . it is a Christmas trade . and everyone should have there gift before Christmas  . anyone else agree?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:03 am »
With everything going on around Christmas anyway the dates chosen have worked well in the past. Trying to get everyone done and shipped by Christmas would be too hectic, IMO, and could be a burden for the folks that are signing up. Plus with the USPS so overloaded at that time stretching out the shipping time as it is alleviates tat rush. This Christmas trade is meant to be fun.   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »
What PatB said! I work full time at work and then at home. I do not need an earlier deadline! ;)

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 12:46:48 pm »
With everything going on around Christmas anyway the dates chosen have worked well in the past. Trying to get everyone done and shipped by Christmas would be too hectic, IMO, and could be a burden for the folks that are signing up. Plus with the USPS so overloaded at that time stretching out the shipping time as it is alleviates tat rush. This Christmas trade is meant to be fun.
+1
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 09:57:45 pm »
I'm in I'll send you my address.

JacksonCash

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
Afraid I'm going to have to sit this one out. Just got in the process of moving and not sure that I'm going to have the time. Good luck everyone and have fun.