Author Topic: 3blade 125grain muzzy?  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Newindian

3blade 125grain muzzy?
« on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:22 pm »
My currently best shooting arrow is a bamboo shaft with a screw on insert weighing 600grains, the only screw on heads I own are the ones mentioned above, knowing how two blade fond we all are do you think I should stay with what I've got or buy some two blades. And if you prefer two blades recommendations would be nice. Personally I don't think deer are really going to care the only thing that has me worried about this head is that the "bone tip" seams like it would take up a lot of energy
I like free stuff.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 3blade 125grain muzzy?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »
You are better with a cut on contact head but the tip on the Muzzy are pretty sharp. What weight does your bow draw?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:50 am »
For deer, just get them scarey sharp. Hogs with shields are a different story.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Newindian

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:06:12 am »
51# at 27"
I like free stuff.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:23 am »
Id shy away from the chisel tip with primitive bows. It eat up a lot of energy, and fast.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »
I agree hands down that a cut on contact head beats a chisel tip for penetration from a primitive bow on deer. My understanding is that the chisel tip is made to penetrate heavy bone like the shoulder but on most animals that simply isn't gonna happen no matter what tip you have. Cut on contact tip will easily break thru ribs or sever the spine. Hit the shoulder with either tip and not likely to matter, deer will most likely not end up in the freezer.
On the other hand you are most likely to get that perfect shot placement with the arrow that shoots the best from your set-up. ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.