Author Topic: "Boutique" plant water  (Read 5602 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: "Boutique" plant water
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:33:57 am »
My wife has a love of bottled water.  >:( She will use ice from the ice maker in the freezer, but the water that makes it isn't fit to drink.  :o I will drink bottled water, but that is a last resort. I have drank from puddles, and a dirty river that I grew up near. Fishing gear was far more important to lug than water, plus the river had plenty of water to drink. I don't know how I never got sick from it, must have been cleaner than people thought!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

JacksonCash

Re: "Boutique" plant water
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 06:55:03 pm »
I always look askance at people whining about the price of fuel when they stand with a bottle of Fiji bottled water in their hand.  Not bad enough that the plastic consumption is driving oil prices thru the roof, but you want to then buy water from a third world country and pay for the fuel to ship it across a freaking ocean, loaded on a semi-truck, and driven to your convenience store where you fuel your car and whine about the price of gas? 

It was not that long ago that we all laughed at the unprecedented arrogance of snobby celebrities demanding imported water!  Now it is an affordable luxury, and we all want to appear like the celebrities.  I'm with you Dharma, this whole water thing has jumped the shark.

Couple the cost to ship the water around the world with the fact that something like 1/3 of Fijians lack access to clean water, and that'll really make your blood boil.