Author Topic: who's working on composite horn bows?  (Read 34933 times)

Offline Tc

Re: who's working on composite horn bows?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2015, 02:17:13 pm »
Ok, here is the newest....It is around 60#, almost finished tillering. Only sinew bandage and decoration left.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »
Great looking horn bow tc

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2016, 06:28:28 pm »
Thought I'd bump this thread back to the top.  Time for an update? Come on, who's working on what at the moment; I'm working on Adam K's book with a view to starting a medium apple-wood-core Turkish target bow next spring........ :)

Offline loon

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 02:12:28 am »
Ok, here is the newest....It is around 60#, almost finished tillering. Only sinew bandage and decoration left.
Is that Kurszan? Looks a little different shaped.. yeah, it has a tad of reflex on the handle unlike Kurszan. Very nice bow, very symmetrical!

I am still going to be working on Kurszan now hahaHa. Have to fix a blemish with glue, sinew wrap, maybe refinish, also fix twist... I guess it was my fault all along, I damaged it..

There's this hornbowyers facebook group. And ATARN facebook group. That's where most people making horn bows post these days... ..

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »
Well, I've never made a horn bow, so I bought Adams book, and watched several YouTube videos about 10 times. I'm primarily interested in NA bow, but I didnt want to spend a bunch of money on sheep horn, so I am giving my first go on a NA horn bow with water buffalo horn......don't judge me.
I have the horn thinned and spliced together with an extra piece of horn for support. In the process of shredding sinew.

Eric
Eric