Author Topic: Wyoming Wildlife Magazine Article  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Wyoming Wildlife Magazine Article
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:20:52 pm »
Its interesting that Wyo Wildlife Sept Issue has an article about a fellow named Tom Lucas and shows him making a horn bow from Mt. Sheep horns.  It is a very interesting article with a fair amount of details.  He calls a big horn sheep bow "the best of the best"!  He grew up on the Res at Riverton and is also a long time knapper.  I have never met this fellow, but sure would like to meet him.  He used to make money making wooden bows to sell.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline 4giveme

Re: Wyoming Wildlife Magazine Article
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:28:23 pm »
I bought his video on how to make a horn bow. It was more historical than hands on building. But I still liked it. His main saying is " you have to reverse the curve! " great guy.
Hope it helps. I would like to read that artical.
God bless and thanks,
Tommy

"There are only two things we can't change, yesterday and tomorrow. So let's live in the moment and make the best choices we can right now."

Unknown author.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:22:15 am »
Is this the guy that did the Sheepeater Video?  If so, I bought his video also, years ago.  It was ok, but I left with many questions.
I've got this project in the works myself but haven't touched it in ages.  Want to pick it back up...
1’—>1’

Offline Traxx

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 12:34:19 am »
He mainly makes his living,as a western artist.My mom and he dis a show together years ago and she made sure we met.Nice enough fella.