Author Topic: Cold Remedy  (Read 10144 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Cold Remedy
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
It's that time of year (Here at least) What is your cold remedy? I used to rely on a pint of Tequila followed by bed, but I turned 22 and it didn't seem to work any more. Now I like some green tea, honey, and a little bit of coconut butter.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Tyke

Re: Cold Remedy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:51:12 pm »
Jager is great for everything
why buy it when you can build it

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »
The only thing to get rid of a cold is time. Everything is just a cover up.   Are you sure you aren't having allergic reaction to the late summer weeds like ragweed? If it happens every year at this time I bet that's what it is.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:51:25 am »
No, It was brought to the cabin by my father in law, then given to my mother in law. My wife and I both got it Monday, I'm about good now, but my wife is hating it.

Tyke, after a 3 bottle night I am done with Jager for quite some time (5 years now so far).

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:57:16 am »
Heavy Vitamin C and I've heard if caught early zinc helps shorten the affects.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stoker

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:11:08 am »
Feed a cold... lotsa fruit and veggies
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:44:09 pm »
    Heavy doses 2-3,000 units of vitamin C, 2-3 times a day, and at least 200 units of Zinc, once a day, and normal doses of vitamin A.  All these help to keep viruses down, and allows your body to fight them.  Also the old saying about Chicken soup, is true, but actually any hot liquid will help.  Every time my Girlfriend gets a cold or flu, she calls me to make her some of my anti viral soup. ;)
I think she just likes the soup.  I just make homemade chicken, or turkey soup, with lots of fresh diced garlic, a couple dashes of Cayenne, pepper, salt and pepper, and a couple dashes of cajun seasoning, Mc Cormicks, original chicken season, now called pinch or something like that, poultry seasoning.  Old bay, or Cajun seasoning, they are all basically close in flavor, and ingredients.  I also season to taste, with these ingredients, and garlic powder, and onion powder, fresh onions (Vidalia) or other sweet onions.  I put the diced onions in near the end of the cooking, and the garlic in last, so they are still somewhat raw, and have more good antiviral ingredients available.  It is heavy on the garlic, but she is like me, heavy on the garlic is fine.  She feels better, and will eat it for a couple of days, as I make a big batch.  I have to have a bowl for me too.  Any warm, or hot soup, or liquid will help to break up a stopped up nose, and free up the phlegm in the chest.  But the soup just tastes better.  Hot tea, coffee, or apple juice, fresh is best, is good also.  I very seldom get any of the seasonal virus, or colds, as I take at least 9,000 units of Vitamin C a day.  I will take 3,000 units in the morning, and about 2,000 units of Vitamin E, and 200 units of Zinc.  In the evening, I will take the last 3,000 units of Vitamin C, with either fish oil, and krill oil, or vitamin A Palminate. Also 5,000 units of vitamin D3, and vitamin K2, and magnesium.  Magnesium, helps to absorb the D3, and the K2 helps to keep the bones somewhat flexible.  Without it, the bones do get thicker, but are more brittle than with the K2.  Do not take vitamin E, with any A, or Fish oil, or Krill oil, or Vitamin D.
     They are what they call Antagonists to Vitamin E.  So that is why, I take one in the morning, and the other in the evening.  No I don't worry about over dosing.  I would have to take a whole lot more, to do so.  The only ones that I would have to worry about, is A, D, Zinc, and E, but it is a LARGE amount.  With the doses, I take, I have been fine, and seldom sick.  When I do catch something nasty that is going around, when others are taking two weeks or more, to get well, I go maybe two days, and it is very mild.  I only had one time, when a particularly nasty virus was going around, I went like 3 days, and was uncomfortable, but not to the extent that I was house bound.  I just didn't feel like leaping tall women, or buildings, But after the third day, I pretty much was back to normal, while my Friends still have it pretty bad for a couple of weeks or more, and having a rough time of it.  I am a firm believer in Vitamins, and minerals, and fresh fruits and veggies, most of them raw.  Fresh raw juices also.
Any who, that is my regimen for the flu and cold season.  I do get occasional sinus drainage, and post nasal drip.  But I have always had that.  Not as bad as I used to though.  I believe in taking Vitamins, and even an antihistamine at the first signs of a cold or flu.  I believe it gives the body a helping hand, to bolster it's own natural defences, and bolsters the "T" cells.  Big pharm might call me wrong, but I am not making half a trillion a year, on harsh chemical pseudo treatments either.

Wayne
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:21:28 am by stickbender »

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 03:36:51 am »
You had me at old bay.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:11 pm »
For a cold-- not the flu or allergies, I know.
White distilled vinigar. Ba da bing.
At the first scratchy throat runny nose etc.
I mix 50/50 water and vinigar, gargle, swish, snort. Repeat.
Case closed. No cold for 30 years.
Straight vinigar on a paper towel is the best sunburn relief ever.
Cheap
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
Use Osha Root tincture. You'll throw everything else away.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:29 pm »
I drink vinegar.  ::) Delicious. I am a pickle freak, I mostly drink the brine after the pickles are gone. Maybe that is why I got better before my wife...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »
I never get sick, I always have to fake it when I call in sick at work.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »
When my boss took over about 6 years ago, he had a meeting with the crew and explained that "Sick" was a relative term. You could be sick of him, or work, or the people you worked with. Unless you were out of time, he didn't care.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:04 pm »
One place I worked, the boss said you had to come in to work, sick, near death, whatever. People would have the flu, they'd try to call in sick, and he'd make them come in and then the whole crew would get sick. Well, I got badly sick one time and called in. He said, no deal, you get in here right now, we've got a load you got to deliver. I said, well, I can't. No, you get in here now, he says. I said, well, the doctors said I can't drive a truck or any motor vehicle in fact, handle sharp objects, or anything like that. In fact, the doctor is holding the phone to my ear right now because I'm in restraints. He says, what?! Where are you?! I said, well, I'm in the psych ward. I got picked up last night downtown. Wanna hear why? He says, uh, no, that's ok. Come in when they say it's ok. I showed up at work a couple days later and he never said anything about it.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Chad

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 10:01:18 am »
I have a three prong attack on viruses Echinacea tincture, elderberry syrup, and reishi mushroom extract. Although I do believe in the flu shot, as a good preventative.