Author Topic: bighorn sheep bow #13  (Read 24709 times)

Offline Klondike

Re: bighorn sheep bow #13
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »
Nice work!

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:38 am »
Thanks. The petroglyphs are on Stansbury island. About an hour west of salt lake city. The 2nd largest island on the lake. There is a dirt road leading to the island now with evaporation salt flats on the sides, but in 1869 it was surrounded by water with just a peninsula connecting the island to the south. The east side of the island is private property but loose. I found two hillsides completely covered with petroglyphs about 2 miles apart. One of the sites has a few panels of Dinwoody forms. Identical to ones in the Wind River range in Wyoming. These Dinwoody monsters are tied to the Shaman religion of the Shoshone. There are 4 petroglyphs with the bow and arrow. This one below my bow is the only one with very bendy tips. I would like to think this is a sheep horn bow deception. Looks like a moose petroglyph right in front of the archer and a couple unmistakable bighorns in front. I noticed both the petroglyph sites are located next to rock outcropings forming high walled game drives.

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »
That's absolutely fantastic. And what I like best ist that it looks no bit fancy (must have been tempting with the expensive meaterial, no?). Just plain and pure and very well made. Congratulations to that bow.
Don't shoot!

Offline Tyke

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »
Nice chuck how that boiler bax workin for ya
why buy it when you can build it

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »
Tyke, have  not used it yet but pulled out some old twisted and warped staves to attempt making them useful again.