Author Topic: WD40 ... over 18?  (Read 17543 times)

Grasshopper Mouse

Re: WD40 ... over 18?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 11:46:44 pm »
I'm lucky. The little hardware/grocery store here is well stocked in both departments and the people know what they're talking about. If you ask where something is they even walk you straight to it rather than vaguely waving their hands and mumbling about row 8. Although, my request for hummus to one of the ladies was met with a blank stare, she'd just never heard of the stuff. Another employee knew what it was and walked me over to where it was in the 'fridge. 
I've heard about spraying WD40 on fishing lures and bait but I've never remembered to try it. I think I remember reading a catfish bait recipe that had WD40 mixed into it.

Guy

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »
That's classified.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »
They asked to see my i.d. when i was buying hemp thread from walmart! I guess because it comes from the marijuana plant. :o
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:14 pm »
Good night, Irene! Really?? Seriously?? Bet they don't ask for ID when people go to the garden dept. and buy Papaver Somniferum seeds, LOL!

Offline Chad

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 11:27:38 pm »
People are "huffing" it. You know, spraying it into a plastic bag, putting said bag over their nose and mouth, inhaling, and getting a high that lasts a lifetime. I remember in the army, the MPs did a search of the barracks for this "video cassette head cleaner" being sold off post. I think it was amyl nitrate. Anyway, dudes were huffing that and that's where I found out people will sniff anything to get high. Supposedly, some soldiers tried to get the fuel out of a TOW missile to huff because they heard it was da bomb. It really was, so the story went. It blew up and killed them.

When I was in Iraq we had a corpsman who got caught huffing on post. Sent him home and kick him out! Good riddance.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 10:40:49 am »
Missile, it is a different plant. Hemp doesn't contain THC, and I don't believe it contains CBD either. They are in the same family, but so is Hopps.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 12:32:40 pm »
Hemp is Cannabis Sativa, but of a strain bred over a couple thousand years for fiber as opposed to psychoactive constituents. Cannabis Indica is the "heavy-hitter" that originated in Afghanistan and various Indo-European and Semitic peoples spread it around the Central Asian / Caucasus region as well as India, North Africa and the Middle East. Cannabis Sativa has strains that are psychoactive and those were predominantly found in Asia and Eurasia. Indo-Europeans brought it into Europe during various migration periods. Early Germanic and Norse tribes used it quite a bit, which they probably learned from steppe nomads during the Volkerwanderung.