Author Topic: Snake hunting  (Read 5027 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Snake hunting
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »
I put one of yours on a bow on Monday. As soon as it is all the way done i'll post it!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 04:49:53 pm »
I saw a beautiful black and yellow road-killed snake on my way home (by bike) from work last week.  I don't know what it was--it had a diamond back - like pattern, but was black and yellow, not rattle.  If my wife didn't hate snakes so much, I would have gone back and skinned it and traded to someone.  the next day it was gone.  Crows must have got it.  shame.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 06:07:54 pm »
JoJo, that one came from the Alexacarri Plantation in Georgia. We don't have Timber Rattlers in Fl. Can't wait to see your bow finished.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 10:42:32 pm »
Oil and sand, oil and sand. LOL. I need to put a new handle wrap on it, I don't know if I like it!

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 12:58:25 am »
We don't have Timber Rattlers in Fl.
  We got them up in North Florida  ;) copperheads too but down on the peninsula you're right.  We ain't got none.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:04 am »
What is your favorite Herp Tim? I really like Terrapins, Alligator snappers may be my favorite. I have Red eared sliders and an African Side Neck.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 12:22:01 pm »
What is your favorite Herp Tim? I really like Terrapins, Alligator snappers may be my favorite. I have Red eared sliders and an African Side Neck.
Aww, I couldn't choose a favorite.  I really like chameleons though.  They're just so incredibly unique and the species are so variable from two foot parson's to the tiny brookesia.  Of course I think our real secretive snakes around here like mud snakes and coral snakes are pretty sweet.  It's amazing that a snake that spends the vast majority of its live hidden away can be so colorful.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!