Author Topic: switching from right wing to left wing on the jig  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Tiredtim

switching from right wing to left wing on the jig
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:52 am »
I have a stupid question, I'm sure. My son-in-law killed a turkey and I'm using both sides for arrows. I don't use both on one arrow. I started with right wings and had to buy a new clamp for the left. My question is, do I need to change any thing on the jig?  I can't seem to get the left wings to seat right.  Thanks

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: switching from right wing to left wing on the jig
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:27:26 am »
Sure do. One will naturally curl right and the other left. You will have to adjust the offset setting to keep the center in contact with the shaft, if you are using a Bitz that is.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Tiredtim

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:47 am »
Thanks Pearl but I have a Martin.  Do I still need to adjust anything? 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:08:58 am »
Id assume so, especially if they aren't seating as you mentioned.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:17:02 pm »
I have a JoJan multi-fletch straight fletcher. I can use it for left or right but have to change the angle the feather lays across the shaft. For one, the forward end of the fletch is to the right but to the left for the other. This is done by changing the offset like Pearlie said. On the JoJan there is a slide bar at the front of the jig where the shafts rest and a slide bar at the rear with the nock receivers. You loosen the wing nuts, make the adjustment one way or the other, re-tighten the wing nut and its ready to start fletching.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »
Gotta love the Jo-Jan. Still using the old Jo-Jan straight clamp single fletcher a friend gave me back in 1997. Got a Bitz in a trade a couple years back and have yet to use it (or figure out how to use it.) Not sure the Bitz is good for anything other than dust collection right now. Wish I could turn it into something else.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Tiredtim

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 05:48:44 pm »
Thanks Pearl.  That did the trick. I'll have to check out that Jo-Jan.  It sounds pretty good. 

gutpile

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
I strip my feathers and tie on with sinew..never need a jig that way and they NEVER come off.....gut