Author Topic: Where do you shoot?  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Joec123able

Where do you shoot?
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »
Lately I've been getting real irritated because I haven't got to shoot any arrows in many months just because of the fact that I have no clue where to go shoot. What people can't understand is that I don't want to go shoot my bows at a boring archery range where you shoot at the same thing over and over. I love walking through the woods and shooting my bow it's so much more fun. I went out and asked 5 people yesterday if I could shoot my bow near the woods by there houses they came up with reasons to say no. Idk I just wish I had some woods I could walk through and shoot my bow without being bothered!! I'm so jealous of people who live right in a wooded area where they can walk right out into the woods and shoot you have no clue how blessed you are. Anyways id like to hear where you guys shoot ?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:09:10 pm by Joec123able »
I like osage

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Where do you shoot?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »
I find many places to shoot but get what your saying
I have lived in town for a good while and still shoot anytime I want in the back yard or behind the church which is also in town
when my boys were young we sometimes had to fix the nieghbors siding or replace a shingle on someones roof , but that is all just part of the growing up experience !
have fun and don't stress over it!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:18:36 pm »
Is there an archery club in your area that has a 3D/field range?
I'm one of those "lucky guys", but feel your pain.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »
I'm glad you guys understand. knoll I don't think there is I've looked online and only find things about the bass pro archery range which idc about lol
I like osage

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:45:39 pm »
I shoot in the yard or in the garage mostly.  This time of year I take a deer target next door to my parents yard and shoot off of a second floor deck.  I go to several 3D shoots throughout the year and enjoy the wooded range.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bushboy

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:57:26 pm »
I live in the country and have a 35 meter range in my back yard.yes i'm lucky in a way but still have to drive 100 km a day for work!a grocery bag stuffed tight with other bags will do as a target with field points,easy to carry and does the job!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »
I like to walk down the road and shoot the cans and stuff then after a few times we take a bag with us and pick it all up.
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »
I shoot my bows in inthr front yard, go out on the BLM land and shoot or go to the lake where I can shoot, or head up in the national forest, all legal places to shoot, I'm also trying to start a three d stick bow tournament
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »
There are a few trad 3D shoots around here in NE Kansas that I try to get to. Usually I just shoot out back since I live in the country and have a range set up.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »
I can get a good yardage in my back yard shooting corner to corner. The way I shoot if I miss the target the garbage cans take the brunt. If it gets passed the garbage cans there is a block wall.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 11:22:29 pm »
go talk to a game warden or go to the blm office, you will find out where you can go
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Drewster

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 12:20:47 am »
I'm fortunate that I live in a rural neighborhood.  I can shoot in my yard, across the street in the woods or climb the ridge at the end of the street and shoot in the woods 'til my heart's content.  Hope you can find a good place to shoot soon......keep talking to people and asking around.  Never, ever give up.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40:35 pm »
Went out once again today asked three people all said no lol what a sad world we live in where I can't even use nature without out worrying about who owns it lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:56:49 pm by Joec123able »
I like osage

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:28 pm »
Where do you live? Just because someone doesn't like you to shoot near their home doesn't make it against the law. Check the local ordinances. Worst case scenario is that you find out that you have to go some place else. I am lucky that my neighbors don't care.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »
Where do you live? Just because someone doesn't like you to shoot near their home doesn't make it against the law. Check the local ordinances. Worst case scenario is that you find out that you have to go some place else. I am lucky that my neighbors don't care.

I live in iowa land of cornfields and Yes I understand.
I like osage