Author Topic: View from the stand  (Read 7605 times)

Offline osage outlaw

View from the stand
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:04:14 pm »
Post some pictures of the view from your stand, blind, or hunting grounds. 

We finally started putting up stands today.  We only got one done.  We hope to get the rest done tomorrow.  This stand is overlooking the corner of a field where my trail camera is at.  Its on a split ash tree tucked between two cedars with some large vines helping to hide it.

This is our first attempt at a food plot.

The other side overlooks a trail we keep mowed. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: View from the stand
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:43:00 am »
Nice view, I will take a few this weekend also,we have a little trim work to do and should be ready,got 11 stands set for different reasons/white oaks/persimmons/food plots/ red oak for later in the season or just trails from here to there,should be an interesting season. Good luck to you,hope you get that big one you had the picture of if that is your desire,I just want to fill the freezer and horns if they happen by. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:34:22 pm »
I pulled up a few from 3 different properties I hunt. These pics. are from last year but they all all places I will return to this season, my tree stand is portable and goes up and comes down each day. It keeps the deer confused. ;D

1st picture is on my brothers 40 acres, you can't see it but there is a downed deer in the picture about 40 yds. away.
Next 2 pictures are from two different public hunting grounds where most of my hunting takes place.

12 more days till our season opens, looking back at these photos makes me wanna be out there right now.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:34:08 pm »
Nice pictures Greg.  That looks a lot like our woods in November.

We spent all day hanging stands.  Got'em all up except for one.

We call this one the lawn chair stand.  A family member used to have a 10' ladder with an old white metal lawn chair strapped to it in that spot.  I killed my 3 biggest bucks out of that lawn chair plus a few smaller ones.  It overlooks some trails that go around the corner of the field.  Within a few days either way of halloween it is a magical spot where bucks cruise through chasing or looking for a doe.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:39:49 pm »
This stand is below a small pond down in a valley.  Its the only water source for a half mile or so in any direction.  The stand is on a tulip poplar between a dead standing osage limbs.  There is a huge oak dropping acorns right in front of it.

It over looks a couple well used creek crossings.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 10:45:46 pm »
This stand is hanging in a hickory tree next to two huge oaks.  The ground is covered with acorns. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 10:50:13 pm »
This stand is in a multi trunked osage tree.  It is on the corner of the field behind my parents house.  For you guys that came to my place a few weeks ago this is the field we had the targets in.  We tried planting a food plot but it isn't doing that well.  I'm not sure how much actual hunting my dad will be doing out of this stand.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 10:56:25 pm »
This stand is in an osage tree near an old permanent stand my Dad built in the 80's.  A lot of deer have been taken on this hillside over the years.  Its where I shot my first one.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:53 am »
This is from a few years ago here on my property in NC.

this is Bucky, my 2d deer decoy(made from old political signs). He about 20 yards from the stand...

This is from a stand at a hunt club I used to belong to in GA. To the right is a cane patch, to the left is half grown planter pines and I'm sitting in a hardwood strip between the two...

That day I was hunting with a yew longbow. Don Berg(started BOM on PA) sent me the yew stave after he collected it 8 miles out in a Montana wilderness and carried it out on his bicycle. These two pics were taken in 2008 and I still have this bow.

My stand in the San Juan Mts of SW Colorado. The creek is about 25 yards below with 6 or 8 trails crisscrossing at the creek...

...and the wolf I had the pleasure to see. He was at about 40 yards out in this pic but came back up the creek at about 25 yards two hours later.

...here I am on stand...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:22:48 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 12:20:43 am »
...and the gear I carried in each day. I think that issue of PA has "The Story of Elkie" in it..

...and Kenneth on stand with Elkie...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 12:22:00 am »
Those are some great pictures Pat.  Thanks for posting them.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 12:24:45 am »
Wish I had some more recent. I might get the chance next weekend at Chris Cade's farm.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 12:27:00 am »
Hope you get a shot at that black coyote and the black bear that has been pestering you this summer.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 12:48:56 am »
Ain't seen Bozo lately but I have found a few of his calling cards. He's been eating persimmons and corn.  ;D  Not much of either around my place so he's traveling quite a bit.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 08:56:09 am »
Love them pictures,thanks guys for sharing. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good