Author Topic: 47" osage  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Perkinator

Re: 47" osage
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 01:13:03 am »
I LOVE the color scheme with the reddish bow and dark green handle. What is the handle, anyway?

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 05:11:51 am »
Looks great Chad, nice colors and very good tiller!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 10:21:47 am »
Great lookin lil bendy....tiller is sweet just like your finish work!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »
Great lookin lil bendy....tiller is sweet just like your finish work!
Thank you sir hopefully I can duplicate the finish on the next one 8)
Always learning something new.

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 09:15:15 pm »
I LOVE the color scheme with the reddish bow and dark green handle. What is the handle, anyway?
it's bank line used for fishing,  I'll put a proper handle when I get some leather...

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 10:11:02 am »
Thanks everyone I appreciate the compliment.  I thought I ruined it. After shooting it, I left it in my garage, braced for almost a day and a half. It did have about 3 inched of reflex... it's all gone now, but a least it went back to being straight.
That's a fine looking little shorty.  I bet keeping it braced for that long just sped up the breaking process.  I bet it never takes another bit of set.  Osage is really amazing.  A friend of mine left a little bendy handled osage bow stay with a school group that didn't unbrace his bow for four days; it went back to dead flat again.  That yellow wood is something else. You have a perfect bend on that one. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 11:38:40 am »
Thanks everyone I appreciate the compliment.  I thought I ruined it. After shooting it, I left it in my garage, braced for almost a day and a half. It did have about 3 inched of reflex... it's all gone now, but a least it went back to being straight.
That's a fine looking little shorty.  I bet keeping it braced for that long just sped up the breaking process.  I bet it never takes another bit of set.  Osage is really amazing.  A friend of mine left a little bendy handled osage bow stay with a school group that didn't unbrace his bow for four days; it went back to dead flat again.  That yellow wood is something else. You have a perfect bend on that one.
Thank you sir I'm really happy with it. The plan is to use it as my kayak bow.