Author Topic: surprise!  (Read 1772 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

surprise!
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »
Earlier this summer I spoke with a visitor from Canada about antlers and uses of them. Well, He remembered that conversation and I got a box when I got back from my days off. From Canada! It was kind of heavy and I was not expecting it. I got a chunk of moose antler! about 8 inches long with a 4 inch crown!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: surprise!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »
Nice, Ben. Now all you have to do is ground off the bumpy places. I very seldom use my moose billet except when I'm hitting Obsidian or dacite. To me, they both go hand and hand.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:51:13 am »
Well that was nice of him! I still have some I got from Marc in a trade years back. I wore one rock out with them and went back to copper. Old dog didn't want to learn :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:07:54 am »
Nice, Ben. Now all you have to do is ground off the bumpy places. I very seldom use my moose billet except when I'm hitting Obsidian or dacite. To me, they both go hand and hand.
Eddie I use elk antler for obsidian. I like it much better than moose.
Not as hard.

Ben that's a real nice gift. They go for $50 and up.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline flungonin

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »
Thats a really nice surprise. Never can tell when someone takes a conversation serious. congrats