Author Topic: texas gtg  (Read 29035 times)

Offline 4dog

texas gtg
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:29 am »
so here is a new thread for just the gtgers...nov 7th-9th ...camping...showers....fishing...fellowship ...welch park somerville,texas...its not the bow bust but itll be a good time!!   PM me here for more info.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline jstason

Re: texas gtg
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:04:51 am »
Hopefully I'll be able to make it down there, I'll see if I can't drag George (gstoneberg) along with me >:D

Offline 4dog

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »
yeah mr stoneberg was at the bust and brought some axis meat....needs to happen again!!!   mmm  mmmmmm!!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »
I'll be there :)

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:34:10 pm »
I wrote it into my Big Chief tablet w/ my fat #2 pencil.   I need to work on my bow building skills.  I  don't have any tools, but I can make a flint scraper.   :)
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:59:27 am »
make sure to bring some bow building stuff. I will be bringing some osage for trade, as well as one bigger log of osage ( if you can split it off, you can keep it).  Try to bring some raw materials of whatever you can so you'll have stuff to trade.
We're also going to be having a bow burning. Bring all your failed bows for firewood ( if you still have them :P ). You never know, we might be able to come up with a way to save some of them, or learn from it.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Thunder

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »
I'll be there!  8)
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »
Hey thunder, im gonna bring some stuff to make some of those take down arrows. I'm gonna need to pick your brain about how to properly make them.

Offline Vgo750

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 11:07:42 pm »
I'll be there and I'll have some Osage, elm, and persimmon staves all of which I could use guidance with. 

Offline Thunder

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 11:18:45 pm »
Hey Guys,
Does anyone plan on being there on Fri?

Thunder 8)
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Thunder

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:16 pm »
Hey Ink,
I'll bring you some partially finished shafts if you want.

Thunder

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:57 pm »
Generally it'll probably be just me and erik there on friday night. More company would be welcome, as erik gets grumpy in the evenings  :laugh:

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »
Would love to see a lot more people there on friday night though, we set up the fire and camp site. And maybe a little knapping and wood carving. As well as cooking over the campfire.

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:44 pm »
Was thinking about doing some flight shooting/clout shooting this time around as well. So bring your fastest bow, and let the arrows fly. Need to see if i can find a field archery target or two as well.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
I'll try to stay the night Friday but no promises.  I ll bring some tools for you tower.