Author Topic: texas gtg  (Read 28756 times)

Offline peterdragon

Re: texas gtg
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:22 pm »
I got a decent knife and a vechawk as well as a compass saw. If I bring food can I come ?

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 11:02:04 pm »
I got a decent knife and a vechawk as well as a compass saw. If I bring food can I come ?

Everyones welcome man, bring what you got as far as hand tools and have some fun.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 06:36:58 pm »
Okay everyone, Gus wants to know what types of food people plan on bringing if your bringing something. That way we can plan out the meals better. Please send me a message to let me know what your intending to bring. If you would like to speak to gus directly to ask what he would need, i can give you his phone #.

Offline StickMan47

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 09:35:45 pm »
I will be attending this one! Looking forward to the gtg. I don't post much, still new at this, but I can't wait to meet everyone.
Makin fine firewood, one bow at a time!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:18 pm »
It'd be worth the drive just to meet you nutters.  What a fun bunch of off-kilter eccentrics with a broad array of talents. How could it be anything but fun? 

Take lots of pics and be extra sure to post anything embarrassing!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »
I'll be bringing the kids and I will be camping out Friday night also.  I will bring some drinks. I think I have some cat fish, if some one is bringing a fryer.  Other wise it's just deer meat and wild turkey meat.

Offline Tower

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »
Let me know what to bring.  I will be showing up sat morning. 
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline pencil5757

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 10:45:21 pm »
I'm brand new to this forum but count on me being there, what do I need to bring
<Pencil Perfect>

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 03:47:05 pm »
ok guys this is 4dog borrowing inks screenname to post this message,,,for some unexplained reason PA will not recognize my SN since i changed phones ,,,oh well,,,if you have specific questions i can answer through e-mail at ,,,,,erkkline@aol.com ,,,,or just send through private message here ,,[for some reason that part of PA still knows 4dog ]  anyway thanks for the interest in the gtg and lookin foreward to meeting yall!!!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »
Problem fixed and i can now answer here directly...sorry for inconvenience.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
I'm brand new to this forum but count on me being there, what do I need to bring

bring your camping gear if your staying the night, a stave and hand tools if thats your thing. If you don't have a stave and are interested in learning, then just bring a good attitude and well help you out . Bring a bow and some arrows/atlatl/spear, were gonna be doing some shooting out there as well. A shave horse if your gonna be needing it for what you are gonna work on. A bandsaw and a belt sander will be out there already.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27:09 am »
The gtg is being held at the pavilion in welch park in somerville texas....camping is allowed..showers and bathroom isclose by...it really should be a good time...bring what you would bring for camping ,bow building and knapping...food if ya need too ...loo...there is an awesome homestyle resturant very close to the park if your so inclined but if Gis is gonna be there you will be missing out on his cooking which is AWESOME...im bringing some hog meat and hopefully whitetail.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 06:29:06 am »
Oh and Jdub...you are more than welcome to come..we might need the comedy relief...lol...but its a looooong way from your neck of the woods.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 08:34:14 am »
Coming up on it ...dont forget to bring a project or two...maybe some trading stuff!

Offline jstason

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 12:28:11 pm »
Is gus going to be cooking again? I'm getting hungry just thinking about that rattlesnake we had last time