Author Topic: New shop  (Read 15394 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: New shop
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »
We'll be waitin' too!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 03:06:02 pm »
Ohh wow can't wait to see it that's so cool
I like osage

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:04 pm »
Saw the picture you sent Steve, glad you got it. That's nice. For some reason I couldn't send a reply back.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline wildman

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 12:33:45 am »
Mullet, you should paint it flamingo pink for him the first weekend he is away.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »
LOL :D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Parnell

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 09:11:39 am »
It was a very fun weekend.  Got it placed properly and all that really has to be done is the hurricane rated strapping system that gets screwed into the ground.
Started in with some shelving inside and getting some things painted over the weekend.  The room will get eaten up quickly, so I'll be picky with organization.  More to come...
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 09:14:24 am »
Mullet, you should paint it flamingo pink for him the first weekend he is away.

Maybe that will be the name of it...The Flamingo Inn.  Ha!
1’—>1’

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 09:27:13 am »
Looking good thus far,looking forward to seeing more inside. :) Yep you are right about room,it goes away very quickly :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »
Organization is a good thing.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline chamookman

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 04:59:36 am »
I have a quick question - won't that get REAL HOT during the Summer ? Hope You have AC in the plans. Being an old Truck driver - I know how hot trailers can get in the Sun. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2014, 09:05:11 am »
I have a quick question - won't that get REAL HOT during the Summer ? Hope You have AC in the plans. Being an old Truck driver - I know how hot trailers can get in the Sun. Bob

It does get hot but I've got a torch and my buddy is a builder keeping an eye out for an external door that I will install  so that I don't have to always open the big double latching freight doors.  Definitely will install a window, ventilation, a basic dehimidifer maybe and an a/c unit for sure.  I'm going to plant some contained bamboo clumps that will quickly grow to shade it out, also.
1’—>1’

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 09:10:03 am »
We use one of these at work for paint storage. As per OSHA  >:( regulations it has to be ventilated and such. We took Styrofoam insulation and insulated half of it on the inside, and built a wall and door in the middle. It stays about 60 in there year round (heated in the winter). It is on the West side of our truck shed, so it is in full sun most of the afternoon and evening. I have thought about buying 4 of these to make a cabin.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

JacksonCash

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:16 am »
I read a while ago about some guys who got a bunch of these together, outfitted each as a mini-metal shop. Mill, lathe, break, bandsaw. Sent them to Africa so communities could build sugar boilers or some damn thing. Always was trying to think of something similar to do, drop in shop for someone building a home, or some such. I think it will make a neat shop.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 09:34:10 am »
I guy I grew up with down here has a Business that makes these into portable office buildings that are delivered to Construction sites. Fully wired for phone, computer and A/C. He just started building some with kitchens, bathrooms, for two room houses/cabins. From the story in the paper his business is doing real well.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2014, 09:51:02 am »