Author Topic: CWBS Shoot and News Program  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
    • The Canadian Warbow Society
CWBS Shoot and News Program
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:29:50 am »
Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a video to any interested of this past weekend's events at the second annual Canadian Warbow Society's Big Bay Shoot, held on the 19th-22nd of September. Please watch in HD! New CWBS Records shown at the end.
A salute to our CWBS members in the West, it is a pity the distance between, hopefully some of you boys will make it over someday soon!
The weekend yielded wet and cold weather with bursts of wind from time to time, particularly on the Sunday. However despite such conditions good solid days of shooting were done. The official CWBS Flight shoot was held on the Saturday, as was Gerry Lee's Wand shoot challenge. On the Sunday target, clout and more casual flight was done.
Many personal bests, records and firsts were done over the weekend. (As was needed to recover the records shattered in the Warbow West shoot last July!) 8 new records and 1 established. Other than the one record Cameroo's Elm bow from a past PA thread managed to stay strong! Karl and I'll be working on a new Meane wood bow see if I can remedie that!

http://youtu.be/Er2aMKdtZSw?list=UU1u9Zhqbn33qUOXuxurt7zQ

Also I was fortunate enough to be contacted by the local News program out of Ottawa for a three minute segment. Shot back in June the CWBS info is slightly out of date but no matter. I of course jumped at the opportunity and feel they did a good job, I only wished I had a bow on the tiller that was further along and not giving me so much grief at the time!

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/features/regional-contact/regional-contact-archive?clipId=440341&binId=1.1996889&playlistPageNum=1
Cheers,
-Jake

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: CWBS Shoot and News Program
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:14:47 am »
Nice vid, interesting that there's almost no spin on that arrow with the camera on it (maybe the camera weight is stopping it?)
Cool, I like that you have the name Archer in the family  :)
Del
(I was that young and handsome once... honest... cough splutter  ;) )
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:44:10 pm »
Thank you Del!
The Go Pro was actually quite large which as you say restricted the spin of the arrow. That arrow was also a quarter pound arrow so needless to say it actually did not fly very far, however you can't really tell that in the video! It was the camera man's idea. The Go Pro was about the size of a large apple.

Offline Lucasade

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:02:28 am »
I thought the arrow shot was brilliant - really gives an idea of how high the arrows go and I don't think the distance really mattered for that shot.

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »
Very true, I would love to get my hands on a smaller go-pro and attach it to a Livery or an arrow of the sort and see the difference. Might look into that, it gives a nice perspective!

Offline Lucasade

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »
If you can get a smaller camera that would of course help, but maybe you need the heavy arrow to cope with the extra drag?

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 03:17:57 pm »
That was my theory too during the program, however I believe the quarter pound arrow may have been a bit much, I would imagine a 64 gram arrow to be sufficient. But of course I don't really know! Would be fun to experiment! Keeping it steady would be a main focus. I reckon with a good shot with say twice the height you could really see a ways around the archer. Would be very nice here in Lanark, Ontario.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:36:53 am »
Ahhh, back where we left off. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline adb

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 10:42:08 am »
Thanks Eddie. Appreciate it.