Author Topic: Carsons BOY comments  (Read 12117 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Carsons BOY comments
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:59:39 am »
I got a real kick out of Leonard's letter to Ed. He questions Nels Grumley's design. Nels was very, very good at what he did and something tells me had his brush nock style bows loosened teeth and shot a dog of an arrow, he would have changed it 80 years ago. The design is timeless for a reason Leonard. And the rest of your comments where far from accurate as well. Having never shot the bow, or even touched the bow I don't understand how you can degrade the bowyer so easily. Id love to see some of your work. Join the site and lets see what you have, maybe we can all learn a thing or two about smooth bows and designs.

Thanks for your time

Chris
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Carsons BOY comments
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:34:35 am »
And the Grumley, brushnock bow is one of the most sought after, Bear bows for collectables. I've shot one of the originals and it was a very smooth shooting bow.

I don't know where Leonard was coming from, but, I guess he considers hisself an Authority when it comes to that style bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »
I have an all wood replica Grumley/Bear brush nock bow built by Matt Simpson...NO handshock even with lighter arrows and it hammers an arrow home to the point I would put put it up against even the best top end fg bow... Must be something right about the design, just saying.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:38 pm »
I had to laugh at that article myself Pearly.  The only thing I agreed with the author about was that Carson needed to put on a shirt.  That was only because my wife happened to be flipping through the mag out of boredom and did a double take on that picture.  She said, "I wish that was my bow!".   Knowing my wife has zero interest in archery, I asked her if the bow she so desired was spelled B-O-W or B-E-A-U.  She just gave me her devil grin.  Ornery woman anyway   Josh

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 06:48:27 pm »
I missed the article. Where is it?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »
It was a letter to the editor that came in the issue after Carson's win.  I think our editor was trolling us.  >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.