Author Topic: View from the stand  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: View from the stand
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »
Nice pics guys.  That makes me even more mad that I have to work opening weekend.  For shame!!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 05:54:04 pm »
Great pics! Might have to go climb with my loggy and snap a few pics of where I'm hunting this year.

Pat, that one pic of you sitting up reminds of the story of Rip Vanwinkle :o

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »
Tracy, that's what Marie(calendergirl) used to call me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »
That is an awesome picture of you Pat. 

We got the last stand up today and finished up the ground blind.

The blind is in the same spot that I killed my first selfbow deer with last fall.  For this year instead of a ladder stand I wanted to go with a ground blind.  I'll be able to sneak into it from behind and have the wind in my face the entire way.  I have a seat tucked into the group of trees.

There is an old tractor trail that goes from a small pond up the hill to a big Oak.  Ill have two shooting lanes in front of me on the trail.  Last year my buck was in the lane on the right when I shot it. 

We cleared a window out of the back side of the blind to get a shot at a trail that goes around the pond. 

The last stand is overlooking a group of white oaks.  Because of our houses and goat pastures there is a funnel that causes the deer to cross the road in one area and brings them right to the oak stand.   

And the best thing about this stand is it's about 60 yards from my house.  I can see the front porch if I look behind me.  I like having a close spot for those times I get home late and only have an hour to hunt before dark. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:22 pm »
I think you're ready now Clint.  ;)  Looks like some good set-ups and with all those ambush sites waiting for you the deer won't even know what hit 'em. Good luck buddy, I'm thinking we may see more than one bow killed deer from you this season.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:02 am »
Thanks Greg.  Seems like our plans are always better than our results.  Hopefully the deer cooperate.  Good luck this fall Greg.  I'm expecting to see you post a picture of a deer with a short bendy bow laying across it.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 04:55:29 am »
Looking good guys,now go get um.Hope yall all have a great season,ours starts Saturday at shooting light. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 02:13:52 pm »
Mine starts this weekend down at Chris Cade's farm. Hopefully I'll have some good down deer pics to post on Monday.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:50 pm »
Good luck Pat.  Our season doesn't open until Oct. 1st.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:56 am »
October 15 down here.  This thread has really put my anticipation into overdrive.  Good luck to everyone this season. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi