Author Topic: New Quiver - not exactly primitive...  (Read 2356 times)

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
New Quiver - not exactly primitive...
« on: September 27, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »
I felt my leather side quiver wasn`t doing enough to protect my arrows, both during transport in my car and out hunting in the elements.  I was tired of having a soaking wet quiver with soaking wet fletchings - so I built this.  PVC, PVC ends, gorilla tape, leather,a rifle strap and a gardening knee pad for the foam in the bottom. 
When testing whether or not I could take the arrows out easily, I did not have the top on, so it ended up about an inch too short, so I had to make that little dip in what was a rectangular cutout, in order to get my broadheads out.  If it`s raining, I simply carry it on the other side, and the arrow window is down, protected from the rain.  Only problem is quieting the fletchings as I take the arrow out - not really meant as a stalking quiver though.  For that I`ll probably use my leather side quiver.  This is more of a `sitting in a rainy ground blind` quiver.   
If you think I can impove on it in any way, let me know for version 2.0.

Mike.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: New Quiver - not exactly primitive...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:19:43 am »
Looks great.  Should make a good hunting quiver.  If you lined your cut out area with some rabbit fur or something would that make it any quieter?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:23:28 am »
Good goin'!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 02:12:25 am »
Maybe the fletching area as well, most of the noise seems to be from the fletchings when I push the arrow up a touch to remove it from the quiver. The feathers being pushed in their opposite directions.