Author Topic: Trail cam gone  (Read 6195 times)

Offline Stoker

Trail cam gone
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:51:37 pm »
After helping my son try for a elk... I got to get ready for some deer hunting.. Set up a trail cam to check out a old area... Being public land I know others may be there... Set out two cams... One for myself and one for backup and a different direction... They found one and gone second one got them.... Might drop by and see these boys learn'm a lesson
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Re: Trail cam gone
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:55:40 pm »
I feel your pain.  I have lost stands and blinds, and one very large deer to thieves. 

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »
Sorry to here that,
I have no time for a thief......I think of them as rodents.  >:(
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:35:42 pm »
Was it locked? That sucks.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »
The thief and the Look out.They need a visit.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:08 pm »
Go pay them a visit.  Maybe a good scare will make them think twice about taking another camera.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline okie64

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:31 pm »
If you know who they are and where to find them then I would definitely pay them a visit. I had a camera stolen last year on private property but I didnt have a backup so have no clue who took it. I have zero respect for a thief >:(

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:25 pm »
I feel your pain brother. I had one stolen on our private lease last year. There is no public land anywhere near there. This particular one had a lock and steel cable on it. They cut the lock and removed the camera but left the mount attached to the tree. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about that. I've really been interested in one of those but have been worried about theft as I only hunt on public land. It's a shame some people can't be more honest.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 11:52:36 pm »
My one and only game cam is set up to catch the mentally unbalanced neighbor that has been letting dogs out of yards in the neighborhood. I got one photo that did not catch his face well enough for the cops to move on this, but I have shimmed a little here and there, trimmed a branch or two.... >:(

I have less respect for people that intentionally hurt those that cannot care for themselves than I do for even a thief. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 09:36:12 am »
I hate a good for nothing thief...A thief and a liar are 2 things I can't tolerate...Study your photo's well and I hope you run up on these punks...That green/turquoise fletching is a dead give away and they will probably be dressed the exact way when they hunt again.
                                                                                                     Don
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:41:18 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Stoker

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 10:24:07 am »
It was a old school cam... no pass word.. Won't buy a expensive one for this reason.. Gotta go by this area again for work.. Might ''dump'' something by the trail no deer will come within 2 miles >:D >:D.... Gonna show the CO the pic... Archers use to be good people this scum gives us a bad name... Sad times
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 10:32:22 am »
I hope you get 'em.  If you figure 'em out you should tag their truck with a big THIEF spray-painted.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 10:37:37 am »
That's so wrong in every way.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:51 am »
Just look for a punk with a training wheel bow with neon green string. people have no respect
I like osage