Author Topic: Having trouble with your scraper?  (Read 48261 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Having trouble with your scraper?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »
For anyone interested, I went down to the local welding shop today to get some metal for trade points.  While I was there I got a 24"X8" piece of stainless sheet metal and they used their shear to cut it to scraper sized pieces.  I came out with 6  4"x8" stainless scrapers plus a piece for points for $3.  I also asked about high carbon steel (like band saw blades) for more points  and they gave me 3 old blades from their saw that are 1"x 8' long.  It might be worth a trip to your local welding or metal shop. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2007, 03:21:21 pm »
ttt
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 03:30:14 pm »
This is such a great How-to post I thought I would bring it back up to the top for the newer members to see. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline son of rooster

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 06:30:30 pm »
thanks for this info, I know what I am doing tomorrow 8)

Offline Kalvek

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
This is just what I was looking for! I'm glad that this was brought to the top, even as old as it is. The only thing I wish was that the images were still intact on the original post. Everywhere I was looking people kept showing that you needed a diamond/oil/water stone for the sharpening process  -- I'm glad that isn't the case (less money that I have to spend getting one shipped, since nobody nearby has one that I know of).