Author Topic: Looking for some help  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
Looking for some help
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:11:01 pm »
Greetings everyone... I`m a member of several web forums dealing with knapping & artifacts...  On another forum we have a member whose daughter has a somewhat rare sickness that needs specialized treatment (read that rather expensive).  We as a group have decided to find a way to help the family meet some of those expenses.  Members (& others who will) are sending points & blades to be collected in display cases ( 1 barnwood/glass, 2 Rikers) for a raffle to help Stone Hunter & family.  Lilly (the young Lady) will be drawing the winning ticket after everything has been collected. There was talk of multiple winners, 1 case each to 3  different people, but it was decided that the winner(1) will get all 3 cases. 
   All points not being created equal could possibly get someone`s feelings hurt if they think they should`ve gotten a better case than they might be awarded randomly, so 1 winner will receive all the goodies
I`ve been in contact with a couple members of Puget Sound Knappers (www.pugetsoundknappers.com) & there is some interest there to donate to this cause. For anyone not familiar with those left coast guys, they are some skilled rock knockers out that way. Check out their member`s galleries if you like, I go there just to drool & dream of being anywhere near that good.

A beautiful young Lady, (Lilly by name) needs some help & I`m doing what little I can do to help
get her to Johns Hopkins Hospital for the treatments she needs to combat her illness.  We knappers speak of a big family who help others in need.  Is there anyone else in here who will join me in extending a hand to someone most of us will never have the pleasure of meeting in person?
   Here`s a link to the discussion for anyone who might be interested in checking it out.
     Sending Lilly to Maryland    http://www.arrowheadology.com/forums/arrowheadology-raffles-auctions-49562-sending-Lilly-maryland.html     
     My points went to the post office this afternoon & I got my first 3 tickets for the raffle last night with more donations to be made in the not too distant future. (Tickets/donations will be $10 ea./3 for $25) There have already been several points sent to start the cases, mine are on the way, who`ll join me?
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
Re: Looking for some help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 05:50:29 pm »
   Really? 33 views & not a single reply?   Have I unknowingly crossed a line in here somehow?
  Perhaps I was mistaken in my thinking that people who post about friendship & family values might mean the things they say online. If anyone might have actually checked out the other forum discussion, I guess all I can say is thank you for your time & perhaps you could pm me to let me know your thoughts in a more private setting rather than here in this post.  Thanks for looking
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »
I'll see what I can do. I can't knap right now, still getting over surgery.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:15:46 pm »
   Really? 33 views & not a single reply?   Have I unknowingly crossed a line in here somehow?
  Perhaps I was mistaken in my thinking that people who post about friendship & family values might mean the things they say on line. If anyone might have actually checked out the other forum discussion, I guess all I can say is thank you for your time & perhaps you could pm me to let me know your thoughts in a more private setting rather than here in this post.  Thanks for looking
What everyone should know, since you are posting in Flintknapping is the
forum you left the link for opposed flintknapping bigtime in the beginning.
Moderators and admins were butt heads about it.
It won favor by membership support.
Your request for help concerning the young lady is honerable as are the knapping members at the link you posted.That said, I support you guys but not the site. I'll see what I can do.
I'll send you a pm
Zuma
BTW why don't you post here more often?
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:59:43 pm »
Sounds like a great cause!  Sorry there wasn't an immediate response.  There are a lot of people who look at posts that are just guests looking for information... and that's it.

I'm sure others will respond.  Send me the address.  I'll donate some points.   :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline OneOneNiner

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:48:20 am »
Hey guys!
Just wanted to bump this one up for a good cause.

Also, to thank all of you guys who have donated in one form or another to help Lilly out.
It's gonna be one heck if a score for whoever wins!
A culmination of some really good knappers in there.

Here's a pic of beautiful little Lilly.
I'd rather be an optimist and proven a fool than a pessimist and proven right.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 11:40:18 am »
I'll get something together. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 11:43:10 am »
Site didn't work Lobo...
1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:46:36 am »
Here are a couple that I sent to CA the other day.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
Site didn't work Lobo...

Same here.

All for helping out! No need for the snappy response though :-\

This is a tight community that rises to the occasion ;)

Can you post a mailing address since the link doesn't work?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline OneOneNiner

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 12:28:28 pm »
Thanks for helping this sweet young lady out guys.

Y'all are great! Big high five!

Here's a better link. Thanks again.

http://www.arrowheadology.com/forums/arrowheadology-raffles-auctions/49562-sending-lilly-maryland.html
I'd rather be an optimist and proven a fool than a pessimist and proven right.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:38 pm »
How soon do they need them.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 10:54:45 am »
Not to be obtuse or anthing guys, but for whatever its worth, I was involved with Lobo in the arrowhead trade last go around and he was very generous and sent me a great number of things in the trade.

Although we haven't met in person, I just wanted to vouch for him through the trade process and that his credit is good with me!!!

I'll be putting something together this week and getting it out for the cause.  Not that I'm any kind of super knapper! Ha!

Cheers fellas.

Stephen Parnell
1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »
Niner used to keep in touch.
I'd vouch for him too if he would send me some---

New Orleans Cajun, Justin Wilson - Gumbo - YouTube