Author Topic: Rechecking The Tiller  (Read 3900 times)

tradrick

Rechecking The Tiller
« on: January 12, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »
As mentioned in a previous post I've narrowed my limb tips added antler overlays and shortened the NTN length of the bow by 2'' to pick up any lost weight.Im rechecking the tiller now.I have not tweaked it any yet.Because I don't think it really needs it.But I'm still a rookie,so tell me what ya'll think.Below is a pic of it braced at 5 3/4''.And the other pic is it on my bow scale pulling 53#@27''.I'm not really wanting to loose anymore weight if at all possible.Thanks tradrick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Rechecking The Tiller
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »
Both limbs look like they are bending well. The reflex just past the handle on the left limb(top?) is a bit deceiving but she looks good to me. 8)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

tradrick

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 05:45:47 pm »
Thanks Pat.It was your advice I took on narrowing the tips.Got'em down to just above 3/8''at the string nocks.Can't wait to shoot her again to see if it helped with the handshock.The tips before I started was a hefty 5/8''.tradrick

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 05:49:17 pm »
Tiller is good. For future bows, I like the bending to start at the end of the fades. I can't tell for sure it is starting there. I wouldn't mess with it anymore. Just something to keep in mind for other bows. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 06:40:18 pm »
Looks like you stuck the landing tradrick. Nice bends. Is that a glued on handle piece? if so is that why you let it stop bending right before the fades. Looks very nice. At that weight it should shoot nicely. Since we know that too much mass at the tips causes handshock those narrower tips ought to make it speed up and be much softer.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 06:45:22 pm »
Looks great...if it still has shock get heavier arrows, I wouldnt mess with a good thing...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

tradrick

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:01:47 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys.Sidewinder,no its not a glued on piece,Its made from a solid osage stave.I'll post better pics after I refinish it and test it out of course.Thanks tradrick

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:06:20 pm »
Looks like she aught to send em down range ;). Good lookin bow, and I still love that yella wood...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:45 am »
Looks good to me,nice job. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good