Author Topic: noob from the uk  (Read 4186 times)

Offline ian79

noob from the uk
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:24:01 am »
Hi all, newbie here from the outskirts of liverpool uk. I converted from modern recurve about a year ago when i stumbled across a flatbow that was cheap as chips! I've since bought an english longbow and also started making a pyramid style bow which i'll have to pick your brains on! Cheers people,lookin forward to getting to know you!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: noob from the uk
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:56 am »
Welcome to PA, Ian. Jump on in and post pics of the pyramid you are building. Lots of interested folks here and lots of info available for the asking.

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ajbruggink

• Aaron Bruggink, Oostburg, WI, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:07:26 pm »
Welcome aboard

Offline ian79

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:51:35 am »
Thanks, i've mooched over to france for a few days so will sort some pics next week.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:19:42 am »
Hi, I'm in the UK (Harlow Essex) there's plenty on my website Delsbows and my Bowyers Diary (just google it) including all my mistakes and problems.
You are in the right place for good advice, but some of the timber used on here (Osage and Hickory) isn't readily available in the UK. Don't worry tho' we have plenty of good stuff too :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline ian79

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:38 am »
Hi del, I've been on your sight before mate. Google terry's timber in liverpool, top rank for exotics. I'm just recovering from a 4 day session of belgian larger and french tear gas!