Author Topic: eastern red cedar boards?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
eastern red cedar boards?
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:18 pm »
Hey guys im doing a project for my wife that involves erc closest liner (tung and groove) some of them look pretty good and will have some left over.  There not long and about 1/2" thick. But I was thinking of a splice and a hickory back.  What do you all think will I be wasting my time?
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: eastern red cedar boards?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:20:32 pm »
Marc did a build along with the exact same thing a few issues back. Great use of your scraps.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »
Thats right I was thinking I saw that somewhere. Thanks for the reminder I'll dig that out.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline bushboy

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:02 pm »
I made a hberc a while back,it shot like a demon until it developed fretts on the belly.my hickory backing was much to thick at a 1/4".
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:09:00 pm »
Check this post out from the other day. Absolutely awesome! Patrick http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,48559.0.html
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!