Author Topic: Curved Tips  (Read 6890 times)

Offline BrokenArrow

Curved Tips
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:45:50 pm »
Do recurved tips add enough poundage,speed and penetration to compensate for a lack of accuracy?

Offline Jjpso

Re: Curved Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:51:30 pm »
If you dont put the arrow in the rigth place its not the extra power that will save the day...

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
im no hunter but i know if your accuracy sucks you shouldnt be hunting at all. if you cant hit vital organs you're just torturing whatever you shoot.

Offline BrokenArrow

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
To clarify, not for hunting but strictly performance.

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:20:02 pm »
Three word's, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »
Huh?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:57:57 pm »
Where did you hear that recurves are inaccurate? I've never known that to be the case.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »
He wants to know if recurves will improve his accuracy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »
Bows are not accurate or inaccurate! The archers is where the accuracy comes from.
 A faster bow shoots an arrow with a flatter trajectory but if you know the trajectory of your arrows it doesn't matter if your bow is a recurve, a R/D style bow or a straight limb bow. You can still be accurate. Accuracy comes from using proper form, practice, consistency, practice, practice and concentration.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JonW

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »
Bows are not accurate or inaccurate! The archers is where the accuracy comes from.
 A faster bow shoots an arrow with a flatter trajectory but if you know the trajectory of your arrows it doesn't matter if your bow is a recurve, a R/D style bow or a straight limb bow. You can still be accurate. Accuracy comes from using proper form, practice, consistency, practice, practice and concentration.

Exactly. I would add that tuning the right arras to the bow is crucial for consistency. Although if you read most of the bows posted shoot "right where I look" which is not the case for myself ;)

Offline son of massey

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 08:11:41 pm »
Recurves do hit harder. Accuracy is a completely different thing though, there is no such thing as hitting so hard that you hit accurately, you are talking apples and transformers.

SOM

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »
shorter bows, I have heard, are more difficult to be accurate with, and many traditional short bows (mongolian and turkish horn bows, for example) also have large recurved sections, but the recurve itself is not the issue with accuracy, but the lack of stability that comes from the low mass and length of the shorter bow.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline PatM

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 11:20:27 pm »
Do you mean if you knock down the 3d target or blow through the outside edges will you be given a better score than the guys in the bull? No.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 12:52:07 am »
I actually have hears some say that flat glassed recurves can be more inaccurate if you are inaccurate. like they twist at the tips easier and there for can have sporadic shooting. but yea, power does not compensate accuracy. and realistically you only goto penetrate very few inches to hit lung at times. also, its not all about speed I don't think. I mean in guns some will kill and others will kill right now. bows its all placement. tbh I actually enjoy longbows over recurve anyways. lol. maybe that makes me biased XD

Offline arachnid

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:27 am »
I am by no mean a very experienced archer but this is my take on accuracy from my 2 years of instictive shooting. I shoot a 43@26 flatbow.
First of all, you have to tune your arrows to yor bow. You won't be accurate unless the arrow have the right spine.
Second, work on you form (shooting stance).
Third, the most important for consistency (and most difficult...) is to have a good release. I use a primary and secondary anchor points. BUT, that all said, if you don't practice you can't get any better. No matter what boow you use.

Hope this helps....
Dor