Author Topic: Knotty update  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Hrothgar

Knotty update
« on: October 31, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
Here are a few pictures on a stave I posted back in February. Until last week I haven't had much time to attend to it. Its floor-tillered osage 67" ttt, currently 1 3/4" at the fades and 1 1/8" midlimb--still a bit wide. I've been trying to work around the swirls and knots up to this point.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Knotty update
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »
Is that knot centered in the limb on the back also. If so you can reduce the widened area some and still be safe. Nice looking stave.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 10:06:43 pm »
Yes Pat, the knot is pretty much dead center. Originally I had the hole dug out, it goes about 2/3 through, but decided to fill it with superglue and saw dust.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:39:54 am »
  The handle is looking gorgeous, I would have to leave that one in the nude :o.  Keep us updated...
                                                                                                                        Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;