Author Topic: No set tiller  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Badger

Re: No set tiller
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 01:00:02 am »
  Jeff, it won't be perfect but generaly speaking a pyramid bow should be and arc of the circle and paralell limbs should be more elyptical, nothing extreme. Sometimes I use the gizmo early on and as I drop the weight I start getting the middle and out limbs bendig more. I mostly leave about the last 10" pretty stiff if I can get away with it.

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:59 am »
I have used a gizmo and liked it but most of my staves are too lumpy bumpy to use the gizmo.

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »
Over thinking again, aren't I? :-[ :-[

Don't sweat it.  Some of us are born like that.  I MUST KNOW!

But seriously, that method is for flight bows and others that are right at the edge odf what is possible.  Strain your bow NO FURTHER than the final draw weight you want and you will have very little set.

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 02:15:14 pm »
Interesting.  What is the ideal curve for a bow?  Can that question even have an answer?
[/quote]

The answer to that is "Which bow?"

The basic basis of the basic base of the TBB's is essentially matching the right bow, wood, and front, and side profiles to the correct bend.  The correct curve for a pyramid bow would be poor for an ELB.

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »
IMO if you get no set you probably overbuilt it quite a bit. There should be some.
Don't shoot!