Author Topic: 2015 Classic  (Read 17421 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 2015 Classic
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 05:07:01 am »
I see you are fro NY, Blaflair2 ,we have several for up that way, from above Buffalo,if you are off Thursday ,then drive down Wed. night, you don't want to miss anything. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:14 am »
I gotta watch my daughters during the day that Thursday. And I work till midnight, so I'm gonna wake up and watch the kids then when I usually go to work in gonna leave for the classic. Mind u this is pretty far in advance. So it may change. I'll be there
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 09:03:44 am »
Also, I plan on bringing some staves of yeller wood. So I'll have some NY osage for trade, and I really wanna make a bow while I got everyone to babysit me ;0)

Offline JEB

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:06 am »
Went two years ago with the president of our state traditional club.  Had a great time as Pappy and his crew do an outstanding job putting this on.

A group of us are talking about another trip south next year.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 10:42:43 am »
Man I'm pumped, I'm gonna start save my allowance now  >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 10:59:05 am »
JEB Love to have you back some day. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
I'll be there with bells on!  8)   Haven't made definite plans but if I ride with Bob McMinn again we will probably come at least by Tuesday.
 I'd like to ask again that everyone that is coming to the Classic to bring something for the raffle table. I'm going to try to top my last year offering that brought $700 to the Twin Oaks Club. I hope others will do the same. It is the best way I can think of to help Twin Oaks continue to have the best trad archery event in the east and maybe the country.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 01:38:56 pm »
I'll try and come with an offering. Gonna be making a few knives shortly

Stringman

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »
I'm going to try to top my last year offering that brought $700 to the Twin Oaks Club. 

Geesh, Pat!! I'm gonna try to top my $70 mark. Also, I'm not gonna buy anymore tickets for Cipriano. So if lightening does strike twice, I'm keepin it!!   >:D >:D ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 03:30:31 pm »
That's fair enough, Scott.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »
I'm gonna do my damnest to get down there, 15 hrs one way. I plan on taking Thursday off from work and drive down Thursday night to make it there for Friday! Hopefully that's how it works out

It's worth 15 hours one way, for sure.
1’—>1’

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:59 pm »
From what I understand it is

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:21 pm »
Am planning on bringing several things for the raffle and some things to trade.  Maybe this year I will get enough nerve to try to shoot the courses if someone will lead me around and promise not to laugh at my shooting!  I have always been a hunter but never an archer!  I get a laugh when I wonder if my buddies would allow me to sneak up on some of Pappy's targets!!  Also like to try to make something for Miss Joanie as she is a main cog in the wheel that makes the whole thing run on time.  Pappy has a great crew and they are a very talented bunch.  Guess you can tell I am prejudiced about the farm!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:37 am »
Thanks Joe you are right about Miss Joanie, ;) ;) thanks guy the response is always overwhelming to me, It's my farm and I am there all the time, I know it is special to me but to see all the responses over the years really is touching to me, thank you for that. :-[ ;) :) and Joe if I can get away we can shoot together if you promise not to laugh at my shooting and you can put the old Indian sneak on any of my targets dead or alive. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »
I have been to a lot of places but I've never been anywhere that compares to Twin Oaks, it's just the overwhelming hospitality. I'm just some schmuck from Indiana that shouldn't be allowed to fetch a drawknife to the people there yet both times I have been there I was treated like I was some one special. It's a special place full of special people, I look forward to going back.

PS - Wolf Watcher, I'd be glad to shoot with you then we could just laugh at one another!