Author Topic: Willing to make one of my shorties or molles for osage! (Arranged)  (Read 1759 times)

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
A shortie or molle, my favorites to make, for Osage staves at least fifty inches long, decent early/late wood ratios, don't have to be perfectly clean but I'd like to be able to make at least one bow without a lateral bend treatment, preferably dry but if if wet is all I can get so be it, not sure how many staves for a bow so make an offer :)

All I've got is locust, so you've got to be okay with something snappy ;)

I usually make my shorties r/d and use single nocks when I'm allowed, work down to bare minimum width and very minimal taper toward the tips, usually do a cord wrap and use it as the arrow pass.

I usually leave my molles with simple reflex trough the whole bow, could to some r/d if I must, usually let the levers just barely bend at full draw, overlays on top of an extra growth ring for tips, have bacote, cocobolo, ipe, ebony, black walnut, hickory, purpleheart, and a little leopardwood, can do the handle pretty much however you want it though I'm short on leather.

I don't have a lot of my equipment or a really reliable workspace so it could take me a bit to make anything, so I'm in no rush.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:43:18 pm by huisme »
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline J05H

Re: Willing to make one of my shorties or molles for osage!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »
Pm sent.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
Re: Willing to make one of my shorties or molles for osage!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:42:39 pm »
Sorry Josh, I just got something set up-- thanks anyway though :)
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.