Author Topic: Katy / Richmond / Houston Tx mentor  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Vgo750

Katy / Richmond / Houston Tx mentor
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:36:03 am »
Hey guys I am really looking for someone nice and close that could guide me through my first or even first couple stave builds.  I have been building from boards for a couple years now and feel quite comfortable with layout there but for some reason stave orientation and initial stave layout seems daunting to me(knots, grain, one ring back).  I honestly think that an hour or two of hands on stave time would be great.  I have several staves of sage, elm, persimmon, and oak and would be happy to part with any in return.  I try hard to make the meets the last couple times but have had to miss due to various reasons.  Anybody local that thinks they could help just pm me!!

Thanks!

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
Re: Katy / Richmond / Houston Tx mentor
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »
I'm in college station, if you can't find anyone locally. Only about an hour from houston or so.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Thunder

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:15:16 am »
Just saw your post...I'm on the southwest side of Houston and would be able to help you out. 
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Vgo750

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:49 pm »
SW houston where?? I am right around hw99 / westpark tw intersection.  I would love to meet up!

Offline Thunder

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:16 am »
I'm @ Beltway 8 and 59S...close to Sugarland...I could come out and meet you some time in the near future...what's your availability?
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Vgo750

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »
Sweet! that is pretty darn close.  Pm'd you.

Offline dirthas

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:20:14 am »
I also live at 99 and Westpark, if y'all have room for another in this conversation let me know. I wouldn't be much of a mentor but I'd be willing to share the resources I have and I've been looking for some other bowyers in the area!

Offline Thunder

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 03:16:17 pm »
Hey dirthas, send me a pm about meeting up

Thunder

Offline Vgo750

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »
Dirthas, i spoke with Thunder last night on the phone and we are going to try to meet up sometime soon.  Shoot either of us a pm, the more the merrier.