Author Topic: coyote sinew  (Read 6045 times)

Offline huntertrapper

coyote sinew
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:24:05 pm »
my dads friend called ina coyote and shot it this weekend. while he was skinnin i cut some sinew off. anyway, good for arrows? like tying flethces and heads on? id imagine it would but this is my question so any info.? thanks guys
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: coyote sinew
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:02:04 pm »
Don't see why not. Ought to be good medicine, too-wouldn't it would be pretty cool to have a bow backed with coyote sinew? Come to think of it, I've got some in the freezer that I had forgotten about until I read your post.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:09:15 pm »
ys it would be very good medicine indeed. though i dont have enough of it for backing just enough to maybe tie some fletches on or heads.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:36 am »
If it is long enough it should work like any other sinew.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline richpierce

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:31:53 pm »
A good and low-labor form of sinew is the tail tendons of any critter.  Cut the tail off right at the butt and skin the skin off and you'll see long tendons you can pull out with pliers from the tail.  These are a size ready to wrap arrowheads, feathers, etc w/o splitting.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:26:11 pm »
A good and low-labor form of sinew is the tail tendons of any critter.  Cut the tail off right at the butt and skin the skin off and you'll see long tendons you can pull out with pliers from the tail.  These are a size ready to wrap arrowheads, feathers, etc w/o splitting.
Does that work on bobcat.  ;D  ::) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 08:51:26 am »
Be nice, Justin  ;D I pulled some possum tail sinew out one time but come to think of it, I don't remember what I did with it ???
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.