Author Topic: 6 arrow fletching jig?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline wizardgoat

6 arrow fletching jig?
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:31:22 pm »
the one listed on 3rivers has mixed reviews, sure am getting sick of making arrows 1 at a time though.
if you have one what do you think of it?
I'm a right wing feather guy, can i not get the straight angle or do i have to get the right wing option?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 6 arrow fletching jig?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:05:23 pm »
I have a JoJan Multi-fletch straight fletcher. I can offset it for right or left wing fletching. I love it. It is simple but very effective. 3Rivers sells the JoJan I believe.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline duke3192

• pm109331
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »
I have used the jo-jan, pay attention to assembly required, it is really necessary to follow the directions, otherwise it is a good fletching jig. I was going to suggest the BPE untill I looked at my catalog and got sticker shock. I have several BPE jigs that I got a lot of years ago, BOY! big difference. $ wise the jo-jan is the best deal out there now. All the jigs that do three feathers at a time usually glue at least one of them to the jig, in spite of how careful you are.
charter member of traditional bow hunters of Florida.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:48:41 am »
I have the right helical jo jan that i have made hundreds of arrows with and a straight one I was given that I have never used (yet). I couldn't go the single jig route with all the arrows I had to make. When my boys and I were shooting a lot of 3D back in the 90s spent a lot of time keeping them in arrows. 6 at a time was the way to go for me and the Jo Jan got the job done. I can't say how it compares to the single rigs, though. It is the only one I have ever used.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:49:27 pm »
I tried a JoJan 6 arrow fletcher, I didn't like it, I didn't always get a good glue line and had some feathers partially sticking to the shafts, probably operator error.

I had a Bitz and always got good results from it. First I had one, then another and another, eBay, trades with friends and over a few years I had six.

Here is my six arrow fletcher on a lazy Susan table.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »
thanks guys, i just order the straight angle jo jan one.
eric, that one looks pretty legit, i'll keep that on the back burner till i get sick of doing 6 at a time.
12 at a time would be awesome, i need to whip up a few dozen before x mas

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 04:48:36 am »
Eric - You really took Me back in time. Many years ago I worked for a Large Archery accesery  Company. In the arrow shop, they had two large lazy-Susans that had 24 Bitz's each. Two Older Gals had fletched Eons in there.  Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.