Author Topic: turkish  (Read 14833 times)

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
turkish
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »
Here are few of my turkish hornbows.http://www.fotosik.pl/u/robbin/zdjecie/1/album/1708304 . This black one is only 32 lb at 27 inch. My wife on first polish flight championship shoot 239,5 meter, it is only 6 meter to actual flight world record in category 35 lb modern asiatic style. Last time I have made ultra light flight arrow for this one - only 100 grain , made of tapered tonkin - 26 inch 5,3 mm diameter. Arrow was not best,  to soft . I will make better soon, but I shoot last weekend on this lightweight turkish 273 metres with wind on 100 grain arrow. I Wonder 300 metres is possible? This bow without leather is 80 lb at 26 inch , strong and short. I want make 24,5 inch arrow and shoot in 70 lb category in next year. problem is - I dont shoot thumbring  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:09:22 pm by Lukasz Nawalny »

Offline Badger

Re: turkish
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »
  Thats great, you might try close to 200 grains. Sometimes too little mass has a hard time overcomming the fletches.

Offline Badger

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
  With that heavier bow you can expect to be getting over 400 yards if you properly tune the arrow to the bow, get a good release and have a proper arrow.

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:04:21 pm »
Beautiful work Lukasz, I really like the paint job there that's intricate

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:18:35 am »
Beautiful, the detail is incredible

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:24 am »
Actual world record in primitive turkish is 430 yards, so over 400 yards it looks like big challenge. But I dont find info about draw weight  Jozef Monus turkish bow
http://kusznictwo.org/fora/download/file.php?id=81&mode=view

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 11:48:16 am »
  I was there when he shot that record. I think you will find the Turkish records have not had serious challenges in recent years. Good evidence is indicating that arrow flight rather than bow performance is the limiting factor at this point. I am convinced that a 50# wood bow can surpass the 400 mark. The turkish bows are faster than the wood bows in this class. Chrono speeds durring tests show that bows shooting around 220 fps can hit 350 yards, yet bows shooting at 260 fps are hitting well below that. So the arrows need some work. If they don't come out of the bow straight they loose all their velocity.

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 02:06:00 pm »
We have in Poland in April 2015 oficial flight tournament. I want ask about world records. If anyone beat record it will be mark ? What is procedure?

Offline Badger

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 02:21:59 pm »
  Allen case is our flight committee chairman. He may be able to advise you on how to become sanctioned and recognised. You would have to have officials qualified to weigh and determine a bows eligibility to fall into a class. You would also need to use accepted measuring methods. It would be nice if you could get an official from a santioned organization to attend your event. What you are doing is a very important step in developing this sport. You can also have national records for classes your group decides to compete with. How soon is your event? We have flight rules on line you can refer to. A few of the classes may not be shown as they are not current.

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »
April 2015,oficial polish championship , tournament under the patronage Polish Traditional Archery Association http://www.lucznicytradycyjni.org/pl/ only for traditional bows - modern and natural materials. Traditional target, horseback and combat archery is very popular in Poland and Im sure flight archery be soon popular too.

Offline avcase

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 04:17:25 pm »
Steve,
I think my current working title is "Assistant to the chairman". ;)
David Lynn Hayes is still the current chair of the U.S. Flight Archery Committee, but he has very limited access to the Internet and email.

I have had some contact with the folks organizing flight archery tournaments in the UK, and they have expressed interest in adding our US Primitive Flight events to the World Archery rule set.

I will check with the USA Archery folks to find out when their web site will show the latest rules. In the mean time, don't hesitate to contact me.

Alan

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 02:47:30 am »
US Flight is only one flight organization in this moment on the world and have big role popularisation flight archery. In Europe traditional archery (excluding Great Britan and Hungary) is very new sport and note dynamic progress. In many europeen countries I see big flight interest.  It will be nice to establish officials. I think Facebook will be very helpful. But I think in future it needs more regulation, for example weather conditins - strong wind etc.

Offline Badger

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 10:42:30 am »
  I agree with you, it would be nice if world organizations like the olmypic committee communicated more on this and set up more uniform codes.

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 05:13:26 am »
I have question - for example turkish hornbow with modern material string can go to modern asiatic bows category ?

Offline avcase

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
Yes, modern materials puts it in the "Modern Asiatic" category.