Author Topic: 15 Bean Soup  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Chief RID

15 Bean Soup
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »
I made a couple cakes of corn bread and the Hurst's Ham Beans brand packaged dry beans and season packet. I made it just like the recipe but I had to leave off the seasoning. My daughter is nursing my grand daughter so we will have to season on the fly and she will have to live with the garlic and pick out the onion or better yet just let the little one get indoctrinated early. Probably a bad idea by granddad. We will have it Christmas day for those that want to hang out at the house that day. Here is wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: 15 Bean Soup
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:13 pm »
Yummy! I'll be making some 15 bean soup tomorrow. But I won't be following the recipe on the bag of beans, rarely do follow a recipe to the letter. Mine will have some spicy sausage, and some noodles in it, a little veggies, and a little tomato paste. Kinda like a minastrone soup, but way more beans.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline paoliguy

Re: 15 Bean Soup
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:46:07 pm »
I'm right there with you Tattoo Dave! I like to fix 15 bean soup and throw all sorts of goodies at it. I really like to do sort of a cajun thing with lots of shrimp and okra and peppers and ... whatever else strikes me at the moment.

I'm going to do a big ol' crock pot full this weekend. My kids don't particularly like it so I have a week's worth of lunch for work!