Author Topic: Archived pictures?  (Read 12430 times)

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
Archived pictures?
« on: January 03, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »
Hi guys
I just went into the how to's and build along's section as I wanted to have a go at making a stitchless quiver similar to the one in the post on there. Problem is the pictures have Been archived and I can't tell how to make it from the text alone.
My question is; is it possible to access these pictures now they've been archived?
Thanks in advance. Sieddy :)
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline loon

Re: Archived pictures?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:05 pm »
Would be great to know if there's a backup of pictures somewhere :( This is why I advocate against uploading pictures directly here. Wonder how much bandwidth/storage those pictures currently use..

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30:10 pm »
If it's gone it is gone, thats why it is better to use something like photobucket for example to post from
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline willie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
would an admin be kind enough to explain why the old ones have to be deleted?

third party photo hosting sites are not much better if those accounts are not maintained

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:22:03 pm »
If someone posts through Photobucket and maybe other similar sites and they delete a pic from Photobucket, it is deleted everywhere.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:36:47 pm »

and they delete a pic from Photobucket, it is deleted everywhere

yes ,that's one problem

I was always under the impression that it was the photos uploaded to the thread directly, that suffered  from being deleted with the    [attachment deleted by admin]  note?

why are we encouaged to use third party photo hosting?. Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 10:16:56 pm »
We promote 3rd party posting sites to save room on PA.
 I think some photos were deleted a few years ago to also save room but that practice has been stopped.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »
Thanks, Pat. If it ever comes to having to save space again, could it be brought to the attention of the community before it happens? there are options.