Author Topic: Where did your family come from?  (Read 23950 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Where did your family come from?
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:34:44 am »
Just curious. My family are mostly Danish and Scotch. From there to North Dakota on one side, and Tennessee on the other. Got a pinch of Cherokee from the Tennessee bunch. My Great Grand father came to Utah from Tennessee. 
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Where did your family come from?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:51:21 am »
My Father's family(Brennan) came from Ireland and England. My Mother's father was of English decent(Henderson) and her Mother's family(Duhon) were Arcadian from Louisiana. Seems like I'm mostly white bread with a little gumbo thrown in.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:07:58 am »
England, The Baggett's [spelled then Baggott ],are a crested family, crested in the early 1400 for caring for the kings Goat herd for several hundred years. Our crest has a Goat head on it.Pretty cool looking, We came and settled in NC in the 1500's and then on to TN. in the late 1700's. Who knows I may be kin to Del the Cat. ;) ;D ;D ;D that would explain my good looks /sharp wit and charm. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mhof86

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »
Spanish and German on my fathers side, and mostly Hungarian from my mothers. We are actually planning a trip to Spain to see some of the family in May. This will be my second trip over to see them but a first for my wife. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:41:53 pm »
Germany, Germany and Germany, with a touch of German splashed in on mom's side...:) Im VERY proud of my heritage.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 12:47:06 pm »
 Who knows I may be kin to Del the Cat. ;) ;D ;D ;D that would explain my good looks /sharp wit and charm. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy

:laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »
One part of Mom's side came from france/germany/scotland/britain/god only knows where and the other's been here for 10,000 years, give or take.
Dad's is french canadian with assumed Métis inclusion going back to the first wave of trappers, records starting around 1850.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 02:25:59 pm »
Dads side German, Moms side British & Scott.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

JacksonCash

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 03:58:06 pm »
Scottish and English on my mom's side, and German and English on my dad's side, near as I can tell.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »
Norway on my fathers .
english on my mothers.

very proud of my Norwegian decent but not so proud of the the bullheadedness or temper that goes along with it.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »
I'm not sure where my family came from, maybe some German?  I know there is some Native American on my Dad's side.  He has a couple full blooded living relatives still.  Don't know much about my Mom's family history and don't really care to find out.     
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 08:22:24 pm »
6th generation American. 

My latest ancestor came to North America in 1872.  He left his wife and 9 youngest children behind, bringing the eldest three boys.  My branch of the family can claim the family inheritance, but it would go to my elder brother and his son, me being second son and all.  Apparently the family is still on the original farm back in Norway.

Before that, we were over here vacationing between the 1100's and 1300's on Viking Dragonship Cruise Lines.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 08:26:50 pm »
Don't know much about my ancestry but I was always told we came from Irish criminals.  I think my great grandmother had a grandmother that was cherokee or something.  In short, I'm a white mutt.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline wildman

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 09:09:29 pm »
German ,English , Scottish and a tad of NA. The farthest back I have found was an English Duke that came over to Jamestown in the 1600s probably one of the loafers that drank swamp water and panned for gold.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »
Italian and German on my dads side,  and probably more German/Irish/English on my moms side.