Author Topic: College Station/Bryan Knapp-In  (Read 7809 times)

Offline Sasquatch

College Station/Bryan Knapp-In
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »
WA, (Chippingtuff)  is going to host the knapp-in at his home on Saturday, February 21.  The event will start at 8 am and end some time during the evening.   We will be planning a potluck dinner.  So if you want to bring something that needs to be cooked come prepared.  There is also a close restaurant with good burgers close to his house.    If you have stone that you want to sell you are welcome to bring it (bows, arrows, previous arrow heads,etc).  Other things related to primitive archery are also welcome to sell or trade.  We will be knapping in his 3 acre back yard if it is sunny but if it is rainy we will be moving to the two car garage.  So if you have a portable canopy please bring it it can be used for the sun or the rain.  Dont forget your tarps for easy clean up.  Maybe some work lights, and extension cords for once it gets dark.   Other than that bring a friendly attitude and something to appreciate Mr. WA. 

Please respond to the thread if you are coming.

His info:
WA, McCormick
7421 Wixon Rd.
Bryan, TX 77808
903-539-5782

Offline Sasquatch

Re: College Station/Bryan Knapp-In
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:42 pm »
I will be there 8)

Offline Thunder

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »
I'll be there   >:D
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Tower

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:35:19 pm »
I'll be there, this gives me a good reason to pickup some stone.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline (bow)Hunter

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 03:52:10 pm »
I'll be there!

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:47:42 pm »
I'm in
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 11:50:34 am »
Don't forget this one.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »
Nighthawkg/Jake is bringing a big load of knapping stone in many varieties. He is a highly reputable rock dealer. He will also bring some points that were made by Swoose, one of the best knappers ever. If it rains, I will move some things out of the garage. It's going to be a good day.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 07:02:52 pm »
Jake is here with lots of rock. Portapotty will arrive at 07:00 AM tomorrow.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 07:06:22 pm »
Pictures coming before I go to bed.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 10:59:43 pm »
My memory has a lot of mileage on it, so if I get some of the names on the wrong people, please forgive. Sasquatch256/Nathaniel Stockberger brought a lot of bows, arrows, points and other nice items he had made.

Photo # 1: L to R: Ink/Jason Chollet, Don Tower, Nathaniel Stockberger.

It didn't take long for the rocks to start cracking.

Photo # 2: L to R: Sitting H. Gregory (brought a lot of fine bows that he had made over many years), standing Al Hasten, Dmitri Jordan, ?, sitting Ink/Jason Chollet, Nathaniel Stockberger, Don Tower, Standing in background ?

Photo # 3: L to R: Nighthawkg/Jake King, sitting Jason Chollet, Don Tower, standing Al Hasten, Dmitri Jordan, sitting Nathaniel Stockberger, standing ?, sitting I forgot him too, Nelson Cowls

Photo # 4: L to R: standing Kent McClaren, Jake King, sitting Jason Chollet, Don Tower, standing Al Hasten, sitting H Gregory, Nathaniel Stockberger, standing?

WA

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:08:13 pm by Chippintuff »

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 11:09:49 pm »
Photo # 5: L to R: Kent McClaren, Jake King, Nelson Cowls

Photo # 6:Time for a lesson on spalling

Jake brought a big load of knapping stone in a wide variety of stone, including rare stone and highly colorful rock. Everybody enjoyed looking at the rock.

Photo # 7: L to R: Roy Parker, Dollarcreek/VV Turner

Wouldn't you know it! Freeze Cracked/Jerry Kiker got to teach the good looking women. Notice that it takes both hands to get some ideas across.

Photo # 8: L to R: Jerry Kiker, Rachel, and imagine this. Rachel is a friend of Jake King. I was really feeling left out.

WA
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:19:17 pm by Chippintuff »

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »
Photo # 9: L to R: 3 in middle in back; Alan Shadow gets a lesson on percussion from VV Turner while Kirby looks on.

Photo # 10: And look at this. Jerry is a real woman magnet. Oh, I think the one on the left may have been his daughter.

Photo # 11: L to R: Tom Garrett, Jake King, Craig Winter. It's time to get down to serious bargaining. Jake had some very beautiful mookite(sp?).

Photo # 12: L to R: Rachel finally saw the light and found Nathaniel.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:40:09 pm by Chippintuff »

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 11:44:20 pm »
Photo # 13: L to R: Nelson Cowls Linda Cowls (I hope I have gotten their nakes right) Jerry Kiker, Dmitri Jordan, Jake King

Photo # 14: L to R: Jake King very proud of 5 Swoose points. He had a lot of points that were made by famous knappers. Others shared many points that were also made by famous knappers.

I had a good time, and I think everybody else did too. Nathaniel and I finally wrapped up as it was getting dark. There was a lot of teaching, learning and watching. Needless to say, this will become a regular event. As to dates and other specifics, it will take some time to work those details out. Thanks everybody for making this a fun event.

WA

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 01:49:18 am »
Looks like a great time!  And a great group!  :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr