Author Topic: Congratulations to Will H for winning October Self BOM!!!!  (Read 3703 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Will H for winning October Self BOM!!!!
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »
October Self BOM

Will Harrison (Will H) has done it again.  He has created YET another masterpiece of a bow he appropriately named Crazy snakey static with copperheads.  When I saw this bow posted I knew it would be another BOM win for Will.  In fact, I contacted Will to ask him how a snakey bow shoots compared to other bows.  He said they shoot about the same, but are a lot more challenging to make.  I can certainly imagine so when I look at each deep curve on the limbs. The bow more than anything looks like a copperhead ready to come alive at any moment.  Congratulations Will on a well deserved October Self BOM win!!!  Absolutely outstanding in all regards. 
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,48996.0.html
Will stated that he had not posted a bow in some time.  We were happy happy happy to see him post this bow.  Here is what Will said about his masterpiece:  Haven't posted a bow in a while but that don't mean I haven't been building them! It's been a busy summer with work but I managed to finish a few. Now that fall is here and I have some time I thought I'd share some. This piece of wood came from a good friend of mine Shannon Walker. I believe he cut this tree back in '08 and found some super snaky billets in one section. They were spliced together and a few were given out to some lucky folks. Pappy made an awesome bow from the sister stave last year and even won bow of the month with it. This piece was given to me as a challenge and a challenge it was! It went to the caul for heat corrections more than a few times before I tried getting a string on it. After I had it out to 20" or so I decided to flip the tips a bit. All in all it held together and turned out pretty well I thought. I hope to make some fine table fare with it in the coming weeks! Anyways, here's some pics... Thanks fer lookin!!

60" ntn
40#@27"
Osage with Copperhead's
1 1/4"w to mid limb tapering to 3/8" tips
Overlays are Brazilian walnut
Primitive Archer Forum members well smitten with awe when they saw this bow.  Here are just a few of their many comments:
Absolutely beautiful Will... I flinched as I was scrolling down, looks like your holding a live copperhead    Your craftsmanship is outstanding, everything looks awesome    Don
Wow, that looks amazing. Its bows like this that inspire me and send me down into the shop for hours of making shavings.  Slackbunny
just amazing Will!that's crazy snaky  and crazy cool!Great work on tips handle wrap and skins, really shows your craftsmanship-Hammertime
 Should be hanging in a art museum! Beautiful bow!  Hrothgar
WOW!!! That is the snakiest bow I have ever seen! THAT SIR IS ONE VERY NICE LOOKING BOW! WOW that is so KOOL!  Scottski
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bowster

Re: Congratulations to Will H for winning October Self BOM!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:31 am »
wow, īve never seen such a beauty of a snaky bow before.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Congratulations to Will H for winning October Self BOM!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:21 pm »
Congratz Will, it is an awsome bow!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....