Author Topic: Target Bow - Lovin the Red  (Read 5196 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: Target Bow - Lovin the Red
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:52 pm »
Love that red. What type of stain or die is that

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 04:00:26 pm »
I have a target bow that loves red too...it just cant seem to find the yellow in the middle  ;D ;)

It looks nice!

Was this made through a class associated with Woodcrafters?  I keep hearing about these bamboo backed yellow-heart bow classes through woodcrafters. Would be interested t learn more about them. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline BryanR

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »
Love that red. What type of stain or die is that

It's TransTint Concentrated Dye mixed with denatured alcohol.  On the bamboo, if you don't like how it looks you can just start over.

Was this made through a class associated with Woodcrafters?  I keep hearing about these bamboo backed yellow-heart bow classes through woodcrafters. Would be interested t learn more about them. 

I took a class with Boise Bows and Arrows last year.  This stave i ordered separately before Christmas.  Same as the one from class, just a bit shorter.  They have glue your own or pre-made.  The wood and the dimensions are very forgiving, so you can concentrate on tillering or finishing.

I'm working my way up on difficulty.  Have a red oak board next, and have some oak and maple seasoning.  A finished split stave is my goal for 2015.   :)

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 09:31:43 pm »
Good goal to have!! Welcome!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso