Author Topic: The Tennessee Classic  (Read 27964 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
The Tennessee Classic
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:34:33 am »
   In less than 100 days(couldn't wait for Bear)the Tennessee Classic will officially begin. Before we all know it we will be packing up our vehicles and getting ready for the drive, some quite long, some not so long. In the next 100 days we still have plenty of time to make or find something to add to the raffle table.
 After seeing all the work that Pappy and the Twin Oaks guys do to make this the best traditional archery shoot in the US, making sure we are all comfortable and most of our needs are taken care of, making sure we all have a great experience I think it is only right that we give a little back to them. Over the last 8 years or so that I've been going to the Classic I've seen Pappy and the Twin Oaks gang do whatever they have to to make this an experience we will not soon forget, an experience we will want to enjoy for years to come.
  Lets all take a little of our allotted bow building time and make or come up with something to go on the raffle table at the Classic. Most, if not all of the monies collected from the raffles goes back to the Twin Oaks Club to help with the cost of the Classic. Just think how much just the many port-a -Johns cost to rent, the hot shower, how about all the 3D targets, gravel for the roads and not the mention the hundreds or possible thousands of man hours that goes into the making of the Tenn Classic...and you can enjoy it all for just the $20 sign up fee. Where else can you get sooooo much for soooo little. Where can you, and your family get such an inexpensive vacation and with some of your best friends from all over the US and other parts of the world.
 In a few minutes I'll be heading down to my basement workshop to start the second part of this years donation for the Classic. You probably remember the little sinew backed osage bow, "Gidget" I made last fall, from a stave given to me by Gun Doc at last years Classic. Well to add to that I'm also going to make a coyote plains style quiver and hopefully a set of hill cane or sourwood arrows to go along with it. I'm trying to top my last year donation. That was a hickory backed lemonwood ALB style bow, side quiver and 3 old Bear arrows that Pearlie sent to me. That set yielded $700 for Twin Oaks at the raffle table and I am very proud of that. I want this years offering to make more for these great guys and their great shoot.
 I'll post pics as I progress with this years offering and hope you will do the same. Post them here in this post. It doesn't have to big or expensive or even hand/homemade but it should be something that folks will bid on. So, this is my challenge to all of you that are going to the Classic this year. Even if you aren't going but want to contribute, this is the easiest way to go. Lets all show Pappy and the Twin Oaks gang just how much we appreciate them, all the work they do and the Tennessee Classic.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: The Tennessee Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:13:19 pm »
Thanks for the reminder Pat! At the moment all my stuff is in storage but I will do my best to whip somethin up.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »
Thanks for the reminder Pat! At the moment all my stuff is in storage but I will do my best to whip somethin up.... Brian

Does that mean you are going to make it this year?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »
Yeah, Brian. I do hope you guys can make the Classic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildman

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »
I'm all over it Pat, I have one thing ready and will start on another soon.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:56:47 pm »
I may not make it this year, but I think I can find a way to "sweeten" the pot!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wildman

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 10:58:52 pm »
J.W. , your going to miss painting the Neolithic Mystery Machine of Tim's ;D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »
:'(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:09:01 pm »
I have been working on some things this winter for donations.  So far I have a couple of tooled gun slings, a couple of canteens, a quiver and some other things in the works. Am not sure I will be able to make it again this year, but if I do I have lots of things to bring.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 11:14:48 pm »
Joe; I hope you can make it, missed you last year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 04:30:18 pm »
Joe; I hope you can make it, missed you last year.

X2
1’—>1’

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:42 pm »
hey i dont want to derail this thread :-X but i'm having trouble finding more info about the classic :-[
i heard(read) the the $20 fee, is this paid at the gate or before hand to someone involved with the classic?
is there camping space available down there? i cant afford a hotel but i will sleep in a hammock with a tarp over my head so long as i can find a way to get there >:D  every thing i have read about it sounds like a great time and i really want to get down there if i can :D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:53 pm »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
great thanks! osage outlaw that was exactly what i needed ;D cept now i feel a fool for not seeing it sooner :-[ ::)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 12:30:44 am »
I wont know if I can make it till we get closer to time..but i am gonna try to donate something one way or the other.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....